“A MUST STAY HOTEL”

Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Moorcroft, Wyoming
“A MUST STAY HOTEL”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The people great and down to each, very help full and friendly. A very inexspensive hotel. Marie and James where the two that checked us into the Hotel and they are amazing and extreamly helpful. We have always stayed here and we are going to continue.

Room Tip: Helpful, inexpensive, clean and nice! A very nice locationand easy to get to!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I have not stayed in a hotel in over 4 years and went to rapid city on business. Stayed at the foot hills in and woke up the next morning with little red marks all over my body. Come to find out the doctor told me it was bed bug bites. When i brought it to the attention of the management. They laughed at me and more less told me to take a hike. I will be taking them to court because it seems that i took them home with me so far its cost me about $900.00 to get rid of them and they tell me they have to come back two more times to make sure i get rid of them Stay away from this place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank jim w
Nevada, Iowa
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed here for a week in June 2010. Not sure what took me so long to write this review. I was looking at pictures and was reminded again of what a great time we had here. We had 3 rooms here and every single one of us had rave reviews.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. The rooms with a refrigerator and a microwave are great for a lengthy stay and for those with families. Breakfast in the mornings was either muffins from Perkins, or cereal, or sausage/egg hotpockets. The kids really liked the little lounge area upstairs where they could play games or just read. The location and price were spot on. It was an incredible value for an incredible place.

I can't say enough about the staff at this place. There wasn't anything we asked for that wasn't immediately addressed. I would stay here over and over again -- way better than impersonal hotels where you are just a number.

If you do stay here, go down to Philly Teds which is just a short little walk about a block away. Their food is GREAT too!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
sandwich
Reviewed 8 November 2011

price was right, room was clean and spacious. the bed was ok....if you are tired it is a place to just kick back and get some shut-eye. did not spend a lot of time in the room, so all-in-all it was fine. for the price....i had a clean room, hot shower and a place to sleep without worrying. perkins right next door if you are hungry and dont want to drive.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brad F
Methuen, MA
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here in October 2011 and the price was great. Maybe this was because it was off season. I was there to check out Mt. Rushmore. I think I might have been given a suite, but it was large, clean, had a microwave and a frig. The only two things that could be considered negatives, is that the hot water had to run for a few mins to get hot, and the breakfast is extremely minimal compared to other places. It seemed a shame to have such a meager breakfast area for such a really nice room. I would certainly stay again, and if one wanted, just go to like a Dennys for a huge breakfast if desired.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night before heading south to Hill City for the rest of our weekend in the Black Hills. The room was clean and comfortable, but nothing fantastic. For the price, however, I can hardly complain.

Room:
The room was clean and spacious. It had two double beds, table and sitting chairs, dresser, and tv. Nothing was modern but it functioned just fine for our short stay. Behind the seating area there appeared to be a sliding glass door leading to an outdoor pool area, but it was difficult to tell since we got in late and it was already very dark outside.

Bathroom:
The bathroom was small but adequate. The bright sapphire shower looked very outdated, but good ol’ Big Blue was clean and provided plenty of hot water.

Other reviewers have mentioned refrigerators and microwaves in their rooms. Our room did not have either, however, we did not need those as we were there only for one short night’s sleep.

Breakfast:
Breakfast is included and available from 6am – 10am. The spread consisted of cereal (Cheerios, Raisin Bran, and Special K), toast, mini muffins, juice, and coffee. It was nothing to rave about, but adequate. There was not enough seating for everyone, with only two or three tables in a small space, but we made ourselves comfortable on the overstuffed lounge chairs to eat our cereal.

Rate:
Our rate was $36 per night, including tax.

Overall:
For this rate, I would stay here again and would recommend it to others looking for a deal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank viajerosivda
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights as a central location to see Rushmore and the other tourists attractions. Location is great and very close to the highway. The normal rate is $49/night, but I booked on Travelocity and got it for 25% because I was there for 3 days.

On the positive side - the rooms are very large. Mine had a queen bed, work desk and other small coffee table, 3 straight chairs and reclining chair. Bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great. There was also an oversized mini refrigerator and microwave. Very nice for buying drinks and snacks for the room.

On the negative side - the hotel probably looked great 20 years ago, but is very much outdated today. The light blue bathtub/shower combo was typical of the style. The continental breakfast was the poorest I've ever seen. It only contained cereal, sliced bread, mini muffins, juice, milk and coffee. The TV was a 27" tube TV and picture was very dark.

I would have given the hotel 1-2 stars if the price wasn't so good. Likewise I could have given it 4 stars if it wasn't just so outdated.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo