Alternative Fuel Coffee & Smoothies - Main Street Square
Ranked #4 of 16 Coffee & Tea in Rapid City
Cuisines: Healthy, American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: check all the details on the web site. thanks.
Rapid City
“YUM”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Get coffee the way you want it, service is amazing, food prepared on site - truly nothing but great things to say!!

Visited January 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Cute place!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We walked down to the square on a nice day in Rapid City and got some coffee here. Cute place, good menu. Right next to an ice rink. Friendly staff, and great coffee!!!

Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“we really wanted to love it.”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

New to the area, we have been scouting out local alternatives to Starbucks in hopes of finding our "spot" here in Rapid City. Alternative Fuel is really average in terms of their coffee, tea, and snacks. I wanted to feel a much warmer vibe and welcome from the folks who work there (as one would expect from a local coffee house) but the service was mostly lukewarm. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad experience, just not what we are looking for in a favorite place. The view from the counter is wonderful, making it a cool spot to do some research or people watch- you look out at the main street square and can see a lively downtown scene. In that sense it is a cool spot. But as far as the actual ambiance and vibe, we found our home in Bully Blends...

• Visited January 2014
Tucker, Georgia
“Another favorite spot!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

While wasting time downtown on a gorgeous day, I wanted something from Alternative Fuel. I enjoy their drinks, the atmosphere and service, and this time, I was with my son and wanted to try their food items for a small bit of lunch. My son wanted the mac n cheese - I wanted the bacon, egg and cheese on a bagel. Juice for him, hot drink for me. I think it was a chai? Been a while, and forgot to write a review. I enjoy the seating by the windows - cute and cozy. My son enjoys "making friends" - either with people in the coffee shop, or through the windows. My son wanted the bacon out of my sandwich but didn't want the bacon (I think that's what it was) in his mac n cheese. Picky little bugger, so don't worry about that. The bacon in the creamy mac n cheese was quite tasty. And I still like stopping here over anywhere else for a drink when I'm downtown for any reason, any time - if they are open.

• Visited December 2013
McCook Lake, SD
“Good coffee and breakfast”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stopped in for a quick breakfast and it was just the ticket. Good coffee, efficient service, and a tasty quiche. Yum!

Visited August 2013

Travellers who viewed Alternative Fuel Coffee & Smoothies - Main Street Square also viewed

Been to Alternative Fuel Coffee & Smoothies - Main Street Square? Share your experiences!