“I stayed here after reading the reviews...”
Review of A Family Inn

A Family Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rapid City
A Family Inn
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 5 August 2013

After reading reviews and having a hard time getting a room before the start of Sturgis Rally, I chose this hotel. I reserved it for 2 nights, the check in lady was very nice (I believe she was the owner), she informed us that they had a breakfast in the mornings, and to let her know if we'd be around for breakfast, as she needed a headcount for how much to make, as its a homemade breakfast, not many places you find that in! We got to our room...there was only one bed, I had requested 2. I went back and asked for a room with 2 beds, there were no more, she did offer me the room next door for free, but I told her I'd be fine with a cot, as we didn't want to be seperated. The room was on the small side, the carpet could have used a cleaning, but the bedding was nice and crisp. I went into the bathroom, and there was a dirty towel hanging on a hook on the back of the door. I'm not sure how long it was there, it might still be there, as I didn't want to touch it. There was a rubbermaid seal to plug the drain for the tub, I picked that up, and there was soap scum around it. The walls need to be a bit thicker, as I could hear the people in the next room having sex, and for awhile there I could feel it as my bed wouldn't quit vibrating from it. The pool was out of order as there was a storm that came thru the nite before, that is something they couldn't help. After a few hours of sleep when the neighbors "calmed down" we got up and started to get dressed, only to have a guy unlock the door and walk in, we all about fell over and he quickly left. I went out and talked to him, they had given him our room key, he was pretty embarrassed. By this point we felt we couldnt stay here anymore, just too many things wrong. We did get a refund for the 2nd night, but no appology for giving another person our key. This is the first hotel I've ever given a not so nice review to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank robynatk

Reviewed 10 July 2013

New management has done a lot of upgrades. The hotel is easy to find and we could park close to our room. The kids loved the pool. Staff were quick to respond to our needs and to answer questions. The rooms were clean and quiet - we had people in surrounding rooms but never heard them. We used a family suite and loved the space it gave us. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We travel as a family of 6 and found the family suite to be very spacious!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The stay was great!!!! New ownership has done many improvements. Can't wait to continue seeing the improvements, they were much needed. We have stayed in the past and will continue. The staff was wonderfull!!! The breakfast was missed some, but it wasn't the best the last time we stayed in 2012. Keep up the good work!!! You will have Rapid Cities Hidden Secret, not all the frills, but a great stay!!!!! The kids loved the pool!!!! Thank you so much for the experience!!!

Room Tip: You won't regret this place!!!! Not a 5 star but a very good value, would recommend it to anyon...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Great Stay - Could see new owners were doing many updates. Awesome west side location. Keep up the improvements!!!!! Does not have all the amenities of the big chains, but very nice place!!! The kids loved the pool. We saved money!!!! One of the better places we stayed on our trip. Thank you to all the staff!!!!!

Could use some improvement on all people, which looked like employees always sitting outside the office, very intimidating to check in, almost didn't stop. Had kids running around back and forth, think they seemed to be related to the employees. Over all a great experience, just some sugestions. Thank you again.

Room Tip: Great Choice!! Not all the amenities of the big chains, but would stay again. Excellent Customer S...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We recently stayed at the Family Inn when we were in town. We definately got small town hospitality from the Staff. It was much better than some of the other reviews, could use some updating, but overall it was a great experience and we saved $$$$ Thank you

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We Live On The Oregon Coast "A Destination" Based on Tourism, So Our Perspective is Keen re: Lodging. Since I travel throughout The Midwest, It is My Preference when In Rapid City. Clean, & Well Maintained Rooms, GREAT Pool, and Management/Staff Who Treat You Like "Family", rather than "just a person renting a room". Housekeeping Always Interested Ensuring You Have What You Need. Nicely Presented, and Fresh Continental Breakfast, and The Best Coffee I've Found "On The Road". Great Security, and any "needs" (extra pillows, towels, or questions regarding Quality Services Available in Rapid City, i.e. Auto Repairs, Cultural Events, Local Church Directions), have always been
responded to quickly, with interest, accuracy, and even more importantly, with a smile. We've stayed at Hotels/Motels that cost 2-3 times more, and delivered less than 1/4 the service and quality that "A Family Inn" Has Delivered In A Consistant Manner. A Nice, Quiet, Quality Lodge...Rapid City's Best Kept Secret! AAA+++

Room Tip: The Middle of The Motel is Closest To The Pool (we've Stayed There in August 2012), Less Traffic...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2012

what a joke "out dated" this place should be condemend, smelly like old moldly nasty carpet,(that really needed cleaned), very strong of stale cigerate smoke, floors rotted and un even, this was a pet friendly room we shouldn't have brought or own because plenty were provided. Bathroom tub and shower scummy, Towels very scary for suposedly white.. I used my own. Bedding was stained not sure if it was even fresh. Could not stay the whole night left after three hours two of which we were at a reasturaunt. Very scary place to serve the public. would never recomend this place need to have the health department and bbb check this place...........

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will feel like your skin is crawling for days
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family