“Wow, definitely coming back to stay here!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was excited to stay in such a new hotel. I am very picky about the quality of my bed. The king bed was very comfy! The mini pillows were a bit small and soft. If you have a fav firm pillow, you might think about bringing it. I was sad I didn't bring mime. I was very pleased with the AFFORDABLE room rates! the quality of this property was A-1! It seemed that the gas fireplace was very popular. Each time I was in the lobby, there was ALWAYS someone enjoying the heat, even at 3am Saturday night. This particular weekend it was VERY cold in Rapid. -17 or so for a low and here were a couple of days the temp never even got above zero. It was VERY frigid and windy. Thank goodness the snowstorm that was supposed to come didn't really materialize. They did a nice job with snow removal. We were there to see family and didn't get a chance to eat at the pizza place onsite. It really smelled great! The breakfast was fine... about what you would expect. No complaints there. I guess they will be offering bacon and sausage Mon-Fri after my suggestion. :) The room size was nice and large. I had a king suite with a sofa bed. The sofa bed was VERY comfy to sit on while watching tv. It was nice and firm, no sinking in. Outlets on the lamp bases were convenient for c-pap and phone chargers. The TV was nice quality, but 32inch seemed a bit small for the room size and distance it was across the room from the bed or sofa. a 40 or 42 inch might have been better. the computer chair at the desk really was cheap and flimsy. The room temp was always comfortable and warm even with the freezing weather. The curtains kept the light of day out nicely. Bathroom area was very nice as well. The floor was nice, the shower head sprayed well. They could have put a light of some sort in the shower area. Pretty dark in there if you are going to shave your legs or something. I did contact the owner Charles about the lack of towel racks in an email. He was VERY prompt with a response on hotel voicemail (which is a little cumbersome to use) and a nice explanation about the lack of towel racks. They are in the midst of installing them. The towels and linens were soft smelled good and absorbent. All in all, it was a great visit. The room was very nice, the price was superb! I got a 20% discount for staying 3 nights. We were going to stay at the Fairfield across the way but one night there was the price I paid for 3 nights at the Baymont! Great bargain! and also the room and general accommodations were so much better at the Baymont as opposed to ANY of the nearby hotels! Thank you Charles for the response to my concerns. Management really cares about you at this location! We did not use the pool at all. Room 317.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
baymontrapidcity, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank for you taking your time with this lengthy review. It is great to have a guest perspective that has a key eye for detail, and we will use your feedback constructively. It’s our hotel philosophy to exceed expectations of every guest and I am glad I was personally able to communicate with you and win your five star review. You would be a great consultant for our next property design. Please contact on me on your next stay as I appreciate your caring review.

With hospitality,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontrapidcity, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Reviewed 24 February 2014

On the day we arrived the most cleaning staff did not come in to work. The staff that did show up was over worked (they said they had a full house the night before). The front desk manager tried to find us a room so they sent us to a room that was not cleaned up yet. We returned to the front desk and they gave us a new room, that was dirty too. They finally found us a clean room after the cleaning manager personally select a clean room for us. The front desk did not even say 'sorry'. But the cleaning manager made up for it and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. In short we were happy and will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
baymontrapidcity, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your most recent stay. I would like to apologize on behalf of the front desk agent for not offering you an apology, that is certainly unacceptable and I will be having a meeting with that team member for not addressing this concern with the standards we have put in place. I would also like to apologize for being sent to rooms that were not ready. Again, that is unacceptable and not our standard. I am glad that the housekeeping manager was available to find you a clean room and make you feel welcome. We appreciate you being so forgiving and we certainly look forward to having you as our guest again with a much better experience! Please let me know when you are making your next reservation with us so that I may have the opportunity to make this right!

Kind Regards,

Katelyn Sliwinski
baymontrapidcity@gmail.com

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Looking for a lower cost property on the east side of Rapid City and found this one on a couple of different web sites. The front desk staff was very pleasant. Even though there were two small issues I would rate this an excellent experience. The room was spacious and furnishings were in good shape and everything looked fairly new. The thermostat worked well to adjust the room temperature and the heating/cooling was very responsive. The water pressure in the shower was excellent. The very minor issues in my opinion were; a towel on day one had a slight "burned" smell which comes with over-drying, but the rest were fine; a cleaning cloth was left on the floor by the staff, the bathmat wasn't replaced on day two, but had plenty of towels to use for this and a dog was barking near my room earlier in the morning than I wanted to get up. I spoke with the manager about some of this and they were very responsive and I left feeling that these exceptions were addressed and would not prevent me from going there on my next trip to the area, and wouldn't keep me from rating this property "excellent". This immediate response by a manager to an off statement at check-out was impressive as regards the level of customer service this property provides. I saw some comments about the continental breakfast being bad, but I thought it was great; waffles, cereal, fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, rolls, juice, coffee, milk - more variety then I have seen in any comparable and higher priced properties, set in a very spacious and lovely lobby area, so I was very pleased with the breakfast. The attached restaurant, Marcos, had pizza that was very tasty and a good value product. Overall a wonderful stay at an excellent property with strong staff and at a good price - I will definitely return if I am in the area again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor on the west side may experience more noise as that is above the restaurant...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
baymontrapidcity, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay. While we will continue to review the laundry and housekeeping items mentioned , I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and with the level of service from our front desk and management team. We do our very best to keep our breakfast items rotated for variety & freshness, your mentioning this is appreciated. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Rapid!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed here with my girlfriend and her son a couple week ago, and it was nice. Beautiful lobby to walk into. Marco's was convenient to get to from inside the hotel so we didn't have to go out into the wind. I didn't get a chance to utilize the pool as I just wanted to relax in the comfortable room. The beds were great, but the pillows were too soft. Breakfast was great with the hot items and checking in and out was a breeze! Express check out with the receipt under the door was so convenient! We'll be heading back again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacob A

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for writing a review. We look forward to your return!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 February 2014