“I guess mileage varies from reading earlier reviews, but...”
Review of The Fireside - CLOSED

The Fireside
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Highway 44
Description: The Fireside is a unique dining experience at an iconic location.
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stopped by one evening. Not very many customers and short-staffed, but I thought service and food were good. Huge french dip that I gobbled up. Only awkward part is separate menus for lounge area and dining room area. I liked the decor and think it would be a nice place for a date.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We also were happy to see the Fireside open again, but when we stopped in for dinner a few days ago, we left without even ordering. The restaurant had a number of full tables and more people were coming in. One table had food. Most had just water. There was ONE server/hostess. who put us off immediately by her attitude when she seated us. Understandable, because she was all by herself, but we why should we pay for that? Sorry to say that we won't try it again.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Haven't been to Fireside in years, was excited to finally get back last night....still sad, what a total.....total, culinary disappointment. Food was almost completely inedible, besides the asparagus... Which was quite tasty, and properly cooked. Salmon Chowder,, though tasty, don't think you should have to cut up your potatoes in a bowl of soup, popovers, good idea, but tasted old and dry. I ordered the Fiery Sirloin, I know top sirloin is not as tender as other cuts, but shouldn't have to shake the table to get through it, the steak also had a "Jalapeño Relish"... Either it came out of a can or jar, or they used canned ingredients... Gooky sweet and quite yucky, Roasted potatoes, tasted like they were cooked way earlier in the day and held for the night. Disappointed to the point, I passed on dessert, based on what I've heard on the street about the desserts being fairly low quality. The one shinning star was the waitress, she was top notch and seemed like she cared, she was the only reason why this place got more then one star. Save your money, better to buy a bag of burger king and a 12pk of keystones!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

After hearing of the changes at Fireside and not have been here since 2004. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised.
Our meal was very good and the staff very attentive. I wish them the best and I hope more people support your local restaurant.

1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We eat dinner at the Fireside frequently and love the new owners and their food. On our last visit, the salmon medallion special was delicious - nice crust but tender inside, and the chutney and risotto were top-notch. My husband had the chicken marsala with an onion haystack. The salads were fresh and the sorbet trio for dessert was wonderful - smooth and luscious but tart and flavorful. Everything is fresh and well-prepared and delicious. The hosts are gracious and friendly and the location is very nice - out of town but not too far. The menu is varied, with something for every preference, plus they have a nice wine and beer selection.

2  Thank Carol_at_Hisega