“Great ice cream, friendly service...”

Cold Stone Creamery
Ranked #9 of 11 Dessert in Rapid City
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I rarely eat here, but have on occasion, and the grandkids were visiting, so...have always found the ice cream to be excellent, with always pleasant service. Lots of choices to mix in to the ice cream. I always go with their selected combinations and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I ordered a cake for my husband and told Ron the owner I had never been there and wanted to try them out because the cakes looked great! Well when I got my cake (I had a friend pick it up as I live 20 miles away and she was headed by there and up my way). Well I did NOT even get close to what I asked for at all nor did it come close to looking like any of the pictures they advertise! It was the Strawberry Passion and he put NO passion into making it. It had 2 almost rotten strawberries on it, the frosting was done like a 2 year old, the writing for the Happy Birthday looked also like a 2 year old did it, the cracker crust around the edges had huge ball size clumps, the cake was lop sided, it was scored on the top as if I wouldn't know how to cut a round cake, the frosting was a total wreck and as you can see buy the picture it was a HORRIBLE MESS! I called talked to the manager she was nice (which is the ONLY thing that place has going for it is her) and said she would call Ron and see what could be done. Well Ron called me and had arranged to make another cake and tell me I had interrupted his personal plans because of this. I told him he made the cake and needed to correct it. This is when I found out he owned the franchise. He blamed everything on corporate and didn't take ANY responsibility for his own actions for making such a horrible cake. I told him I was a business owner myself and I would never push the blame off on someone else when it was the fault of my business. He proceeded to tell me was concerned of my business because of this. The customer is who you please ALWAYS! He has NO clue of this and should not be in business if he treats customers like this. I said I would not ever go there again or send anyone else there and he said he knew plenty of people where my business was and he would make sure to do the same. He had NO right to come back at me when HE was the one at fault! I went to HIS business! What kind of business owner does this when he made the mistake and can't even take credit for his own faults? I feel sorry for any customers that go there and the workers because if I was treated this way I can only imagine how you treat others who work for you or walk in as customers. Like I told you, you are to make the customer happy so when they leave they will come back again and again. I guess you don't care! All I wanted was to have a nice cake that I didn't have to make for my husband on his birthday and you ruined the surprise and the cake! But like I told you I can and will make a better cake for him and I will make sure to send you a picture to show you that even an amateur cake maker like myself can do a much better job! And by the way I have very happy customers that are loyal and so are my employees. I have a wonderful, healthy, happy, successful business because I care about my customers and my employees! You need to take some lessons!

4  Thank peggysplace