“Ok rooms No amenities”

Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Meridian, Idaho
“Ok rooms No amenities”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The rooms were clean but lacked even a coffee maker and the office closed at 09:00 hours. If you have other choices consider them the price was not that good. The sheriffs office complex is just down the street so it might be safe, but someone entered our room against the do not disturb sign.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IdahoRich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Upon entering our room there were multiple hairs in the shower. We called the desk and told them we flushed the hairs and basically got "thanks for letting us know, and your room will be priority, etc. etc." Ok... so the very next day (which happened to be my birthday) we came back from a long day of hiking to find BOTH garbage cans still full. We called the desk and the guy who runs the places came and emptied it. No big apology, no offer to do anything, etc. This was his second chance to do something, ANYTHING - like - here's a $25 gift card to some place to eat, or I'll give $25-50 refund... nope. Just like so many places... they've got your $$$ so what do they care. Below are my general comments for hotel prices in the area. If we ever go back to this area of S.D. we will NOT stay here again. Also - we thought there could be more choices for breakfast options - and healthier choices like something whole grain or organic.

My wife and I had our first S.D. trip this past weekend. We stayed 3 nights. First of all, realize that if this town were 30-50 miles away the prices would be much lower. However, hotels/motels know that there aren't many places to stay around Mt. Rushmore/Black Hills/The Badlands that are less that $100/night. We paid $80/night here, which for the room and accommodations is a little high. In our town (which is the capital of the state we live in) a similar room would be $60/night with much better accommodations (I know because in picking a house here I stayed in one while looking).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here for two nights to explore South Dakota as part of a much longer road trip. When I arrived to check in, the staff were excellent, efficient and friendly. Given it was part of a longer trip, getting a good nights sleep is pretty essential for me, and I was not let down. The room I was given was large and spacious, and had a very comfortable bed. There was minimal road noise too, and despite the large number of families staying, it was still very quiet in the evenings. The room decor was perhaps slightly dated, but clean. The room also had a fridge and a good internet connection. The morning breakfast was good, but the breakfast room could be slightly larger, as I struggled to find a seat, and had to share a table once or twice, hence the 4/5 not 5/5. It's only a few blocks from a few nice squares and shops/eateries, so you don't need to drive any where to get food!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My daughter and I stayed two nights last week. Usually I don't sleep too well in motels, so I was very pleasantly surprised when I woke up in the morning after a great night's sleep. The beds were comfortable, it was easy to adjust the room's temperature, we had no problem getting the WiFi to work. The staff is pleasant, room was nice and clean and had everything we needed, and it was not huge but for sure not tiny either. There's a very useful free city map available in the lobby. There's a really nice free breakfast--cereal, muffins/rolls/fruit, juice, coffee, toast/bagels, tea, plus a cheerful, bright and spacious room to eat, or you can go out by the pool. I like the location very much as it is central and in easy walking distance of downtown. I was so happy to have found this motel because anytime we are in Rapid City we will know where to stay. Their price was extremely reasonable and I'm as pleased as can be.

Room Tip: I think the staff is pretty good about locating guests adequately. There is an upper floor but we di...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Nice little motel where the owner and his adult family are on site. all were very helpful and friendly. Not a Marriott, but clean and comfortable and secure with the police and sheriff right across the street. Just 20 minutes from Mt. Rushmore! Breakfast was great!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Although the motel interior is a outdated, it was clean, the price good and the location near downtown perfect, walking distance to restaurants and bars. Place has parking (limited though), small pool, fridge, microwave and WiFi etc. Everything you need while sightseeing the area around Mt. Rushmore. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was continental style, enough to start your day. We found this place via Tripadvisor's good reviews. We are both not spoiled by any means, the place was okay, but I would not rave about it in excellence.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ari1006
Maywood, Illinois
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We are a retired couple on touring the Blackhills.
We Picked this motel because it was not too costly for 3 nites. It is in a good part of town(near downtown!) We less than 1/2 mile from good restaurants. We ran around taking pics of the president statues in the downtown area.

We had visited the Bandlands and were on our way to the Black-hills area.

Remember we spent little time in the room because we were doing day trips to the sites around the Blackhills.
We went in early September. We wanted a center area to visit Mt. Rushmore, Custer, Deadwood, Crazy Horse Monument, Roughlock Falls, & Devils Tower.

It had an outdoor pool that I got to enjoy in the evening after our daily trips in the area.

We dined at Red Fire truck brewry which had good food and beer and at Dublin Pub and grill.

Room Tip: If you have trouble going up to the second floor request 1st floor. The only thing the hotel did no...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple