“Excellent”
Review of Town House Motel

Town House Motel
Ranked #35 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed there 2 nights while on vacation. The staff were super sweet to the kids. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Very easy to find and located near a lot of attractions. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel is nice, clean and affordable. Breakfast was nice too! Service was very good. We arrived late and called in to inform them, they kept the room keys in the mailbox. We will definitely consider this place next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here for one night and wanted something cheap. The price for our room was $30 more than the initial quote I was given. We were on the second floor right by the steps. The room didn't have any option for heat which made for a very cold night. The bed was very loud and creaky, the bathroom was terrible. Bugs on the floor, the shower was nasty and it was very loud at night with the metal stairs. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

After passing all the standard motels off the freeway, we headed for this little motel in the center of town. It doesn't look like much but we did enjoy our stay.

The good:

-The bed was very comfortable and the sheets soft
- Really nice soft towels
- Nice staff
- Free breakfast ( not much variety but free - wish they had yogurt)
- Refrigerator and microwave in room
- The sink was outside the bathroom

Other;
-Funny musty smell when initially entering the room. I didn't notice it later after getting ready for bed
- The window curtain was about 3 inches off so the curtain didn't cover the window all the way so light came in during the night
- Wifi didn't work

For the price and the experience we had, I would definitely stay here again some time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank IntlTrainer
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We turned up pretty late in the day looking for two rooms over a long weekend. The lady at the reception desk was very helpful, as was the owner who moved things around for us to fit us in even though they were almost fully booked. They were also a wealth of information on the area, and very helpful in answering any questions we had. The rooms were clean and tidy. And a great price for somewhere so close to town. We walked in there every day, and the Icecream place across the road is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I love this motel and will stay there every time I come to SD for Sturgis, or for any other reason! I have been staying their a few years now and have experienced the old owners and the new ones. I have to say the transition was seemless. The new owners are very accomadatting, friendly and they keep the property immaculate. Working in the hotel industry I typically stay at our own properties, but we dont have any in or around Rapid City or Sturgis so I needed to find a place. I initially was referred here and like i said, I love it. It is also very convenient to the highway and anywhere I want to ride. I am a women who typically travels alone and I felt very, very safe at the Town House. If your looking for a place to stay, this is it. Thank you for two great stays and I just booked my 3rd...can't wait until August!!!

Room Tip: I have a room on the bottom floor and the top, I prefer the top but both rooms were great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Angelrider2014
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The staff are wonderful, the value is good and the location is handy. This is a good base to stay to visit Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument. Whilst I appreciate the breakfast, there are few options as I cannot eat wheat. If they provided some yogurts or pieces of fruit also that would be great. Either way, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple