We had so many problems with our stay, I don't know where to start. My first complaint would be they had no rooms ready when we arrived. Not really a complaint, since check in is 3pm, but we did let them know when we made the reservation we'd be arriving at noon. Went to McDonald's for lunch and came back an hour later, and the only room ready in that time was a room on the 3rd floor (Pets are usually put on 1st) ... no reason for me to complain, but other hotel guests may not like that (more on that later). So, we checked in and went to the waterpark ... we bought the 5 wristband deal. Waterpark isn't cheap .... with the wristband deal, it was about $12 (+tax) each ... . I think normally it's $19.95 each for non-guests. Lazy River is pathetic ... it's a small loop, and MOST lazy rivers have jets of water that push you around. You're pretty much paddling with your hands, and pushing off the sides with your feet to move around. Water slides were fun (with the exception of the yellow non-tube one) where every time I went over a groove, I hit my elbow, so my elbow was bleeding by the time I hit the bottom). Lots of walking up steps. Save your money and goto the Best Western Ramkota in Rapid City ... there water park is free for guests. The La Quinta also charges a $7.95 per night Resort Fee ... never heard that mentioned at anytime when I was checking in. Not sure why you consider it a resort ... because there's a waterpark attatched (that we're already paying for?) Rooms were small, for over $118 a night (and that's a good rate, I see during tourist season (now) it's over $300/night I expected a bigger room. Service was horrible. Our room kept getting skipped over by the maid, so my wife would have to find her to get new towels and amenities. Had to call down to the front desk our last 2 nights for toilet paper/cups, because that wasn't getting filled. Upstairs people were stomping up a storm, and you could hear the rooms next to us speaking. Now having a pet, we didn't complain, but on our last morning there I went down for breakfast (which is worthless as far as breakfasts go, same crap every day .... try doing like Country Inns & Suites, and change it up from day to day) .. anyway 2 minutes after leaving our room, the girl from the front desk comes down announcing my name, and then announces they've been having noise complaints about our dog. Go up there, and heard no barking, got our stuff together and checked out. When I complained online, the "Assistant Manager" Andrea, stated they announce the names, because they can't use room numbers because of guest safety. (???) But I guess they can let everyone know my name, then someone could follow me back to my room and have both my name and room number? Makes lots of sense. Anyway, I got a 20% refund. Not much considering staying at this hole of a hotel ruined our vacation. Our first and last stay at a La Quinta, I can tell you that much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A variety of rooms and suites are available at La Quinta. The hotel also offers a host of amenities, including a free shuttle service to Rapid City Regional Airport, on-site meeting facilities, a business center and free Wi-Fi, a Fitness Center and more. Room service is provided by Marco Pizza, on-site restaurant. Sliders bar offers a daily happy hour and drink specials. A full breakfast is served every morning. We are located off I-90 (Exit 61) in Rapid City, South Dakota. The La Quinta Inn & Suites is connected to WaTiki Waterpark: the state's largest indoor waterpark. The property is also a short drive from the area's most popular attractions. The property's location is a comfortable distance from many major destinations, including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and LaQuinta so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Rapid City
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- La Quinta Rapid City
- Rapid City La Quinta