“awesome stay!!!!!”

Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Pasco, Washington
“awesome stay!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everything from the breakfast to the waterpark to our rooms was awesome. Breakfast was great!!!! Our rooms where so clean!!! My family and I had a blast at this great hotel!!!! I highly recommend this to families!!!!!

Room Tip: The double king rooms are awesome, and you get your money's worth!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had so many problems with our stay, I don't know where to start. My first complaint would be they had no rooms ready when we arrived. Not really a complaint, since check in is 3pm, but we did let them know when we made the reservation we'd be arriving at noon. Went to McDonald's for lunch and came back an hour later, and the only room ready in that time was a room on the 3rd floor (Pets are usually put on 1st) ... no reason for me to complain, but other hotel guests may not like that (more on that later). So, we checked in and went to the waterpark ... we bought the 5 wristband deal. Waterpark isn't cheap .... with the wristband deal, it was about $12 (+tax) each ... . I think normally it's $19.95 each for non-guests. Lazy River is pathetic ... it's a small loop, and MOST lazy rivers have jets of water that push you around. You're pretty much paddling with your hands, and pushing off the sides with your feet to move around. Water slides were fun (with the exception of the yellow non-tube one) where every time I went over a groove, I hit my elbow, so my elbow was bleeding by the time I hit the bottom). Lots of walking up steps. Save your money and goto the Best Western Ramkota in Rapid City ... there water park is free for guests. The La Quinta also charges a $7.95 per night Resort Fee ... never heard that mentioned at anytime when I was checking in. Not sure why you consider it a resort ... because there's a waterpark attatched (that we're already paying for?) Rooms were small, for over $118 a night (and that's a good rate, I see during tourist season (now) it's over $300/night I expected a bigger room. Service was horrible. Our room kept getting skipped over by the maid, so my wife would have to find her to get new towels and amenities. Had to call down to the front desk our last 2 nights for toilet paper/cups, because that wasn't getting filled. Upstairs people were stomping up a storm, and you could hear the rooms next to us speaking. Now having a pet, we didn't complain, but on our last morning there I went down for breakfast (which is worthless as far as breakfasts go, same crap every day .... try doing like Country Inns & Suites, and change it up from day to day) .. anyway 2 minutes after leaving our room, the girl from the front desk comes down announcing my name, and then announces they've been having noise complaints about our dog. Go up there, and heard no barking, got our stuff together and checked out. When I complained online, the "Assistant Manager" Andrea, stated they announce the names, because they can't use room numbers because of guest safety. (???) But I guess they can let everyone know my name, then someone could follow me back to my room and have both my name and room number? Makes lots of sense. Anyway, I got a 20% refund. Not much considering staying at this hole of a hotel ruined our vacation. Our first and last stay at a La Quinta, I can tell you that much.

1 Thank dvdbarnyard
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience here at our hotel. I want to sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than excellent. We strive to provide a positive and memorable experience for all of our guests, however sometimes we do fall short of those high expecatations that we set for ourselves. I want to thank you for bringing our shortcomings to our attention so that we may look into these occurences and get them immediately rectified. We would love to have you stay with us again on your next visit to Rapid City so that we can provide you the great experience we strive to provide all of our guests.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times and I think it is safe to say hat this is one of the best hotels I.have ever stayed at! Good food, fun waterpark and great staff!! Very friendly and willing to help. Rooms are clean and a fair price! Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed June 2014
Cody
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Motel is adjacent to another motel so the parking lot fills up. The breakfast area is also shared with the water park restaurant located in-between the motels. Rooms were very comfortable and quiet, beds very comfortable, nice flat screen TV. We had a truck with a trailer and had to park up on the hill - would be nice to have dedicated area for RV's and trailers. Otherwise, thanks for a great stay !

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel needs work. The rooms are stuffy and uncomforting, and the walls are paper thin. The restaurant inside the hotel had slow (very veeeeeeery), unorganized, and poor service and I ended up leaving the restaurant early due to the fact that the people who ordered, like, a half an hour later than us got their food in under fifteen minutes. I waited 45 minutes for my food to get there but it still didn't come!

On the positive side, my bed was very soft and comfy and I was able to fall asleep quickly. The bathrooms were also very clean.

Scottsbluff, NE
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the La Quinta because we went to Waticki and it was cheaper. First of all, we couldn't even check in right away. The showers were downright disgusting with brown spots. The rooms smelled like chlorine. Beds were SUPER uncomfortable! It was just bad. Should've stayed at the country marriot next door!

• Stayed August 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We often stay at LaQuintas because of their pet friendly status. Public areas need work. Trash can by pet area was overflowing and trash was blowing into the interior hallway. I informed the desk clerk twice in several hours and it was not removed. Although they allow pets and have a sign to please pick up after your pet in the pet area they do not have pet bags for neglectful owners and there was a minefield of feces in the area. Because of the water park they have many customers who are not staying at the hotel. The night we stayed we were located on the 4th floor and were relieved that we would not have overhead running but did have 2 rooms adjacent that were partying until 1:00 a.m. with loud music and slamming of doors. The card readers to open doors did not work well on outside door - had to often go to the main entrance - this must be a replacement issue.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites - Rapid City. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your guest room, however I do want to apologize for the pet area during your stay. We are currently in the process of a major face lift for the pet are, and I apologize that it fell below your expecations during your stay. I also want to apologize that the exterior door reader was not working properly, and I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may have maintenance take a look at it and get it fixed. We appreciate you bringing our shortcomings to our attention so that we can get immediately get these addressed.