“DIRTY bedding!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Omaha
“DIRTY bedding!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at Quinta in SD a total of 3 nights. The first night we got into bed we noticed a strong smell of puke. We noticed a mysterious spot in the middle of the bedding. Housekeeping came to change the bedding. When they stripped the bedding there was no mattress pad cover and food crumbles on the mattress. The bedding the second night was fine. The bedding the 3rd night had dried blood stains on it. Housekeeping came to change the bedding and I watched them replace our comforter with another comforter that had stains on it!! The drain in our room did not work, which they promptly fixed and the hair dryer was broken, which they promptly replaced. You get what you pay for, spend a little more and go somewhere that is CLEAN. I would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jeilen
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience here at our hotel. We strive to provide a positive experience for all of our guests, there are times when we do fall short of those very high expectations that we have set for our selves. I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you encountered in your room, however I am very glad to hear that they were all very promptly rectified. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. You can reach me at (605) 718-7000.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay on our family vacation. We have a 6 and 11 year old....they loved the waterpark. It worked out well....we would sight see all day and come back to the hotel late afternoon. We would swim until 9:00. We would have dinner in the hotel restaurant....they had great food. It is attached to the waterpark and they are very flexible. Highly recommend staying here if you have children.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit here at La Quinta. We are very pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay with us. We hope to see you all again on your next visit through Rapid City!
Flint, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very good location--very easy to access hwy-- shopping and restaurants located in area. Water park wonderful for grandkids also hotel has an arcade . If you stay at hotel the hotel the water park charge is $7 cheaper than it is to the public who can use the facilities--water park is usually very crowded on weekends. There is a restaurant and bar accessible to the park area which makes it nice where you don't have to leave the park to get a bit to eat . Towels provided by the park. Hotel service was good --we had a bump at the beginning when our rooms air conditioner went out but was fixed immediately. Continental breakfast with good selection. I would recommend this hotel for a family traveling with children it is a good break from the historical sites that can be boring to smaller children and needs to be taken in measured amounts or else vacation could be a bust for the kids

Room Tip: we stayed on the 3rd floor --one of the water park and arcade access is on the 2nd floor 1st floor s...
1 Thank nursejab
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed in the Rapids City SD for one night on our way out to Montana. Check-in was fast and courteous. The room was spacious, clean and just the right temperature for us. Would highly recommend the two king bed room for extra room. We travel with our dog and the pet area is easy to get to and big enough for him to run around for a bit. The only issue we had was the door leading to the pet area never worked with our card, so we had to go around to another door to get back in.

Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have (1)2 and (1) 4 year old and we stayed there for 4 nights. It's physically connected to an awesome water park where they serve reasonably-priced food. You can even eat in the water park area which is sweet. Great breakfast and parking is pretty good, and I am typing this at one of their complimentary computers. The only problem I had was with the workers, but I talked with the manager and she straightened it up immediately. I'd say you will be hard-pressed to find a more convenient place to stay with kids in Rapid.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience here at our hotel. We are very glad to hear that your family enjoyed your visit with us and the amenities that we have to offer. I am sorry to hear that you had a small issue with one of our employees but pleased to hear that it was quickly rectified. We hope to see you all again on your next visit through Rapid City.
Lincoln, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was quoted a price online and I tried to cancel my reservation at 11:00 a.m. for the same day I had reservations, and they would not cancel. I called the hotel and then I called the corporate number. The corporation said that they had to talk to the Rapid City hotel and put me on hold. They said I needed a 24 hour notice to cancel. This was not in the reservation information online. I also spoke with someone from the hotel the night I made my reservation and they were $75.00 higher on their price. They also charged me TWO fees for resort fees of $7.50 for two days even though I only stayed the ONE night. This hotel was not friendly and they did not have the nicest rooms at all for the price. I paid over $300 for ONE night for this room and they tacked on an additional $30.00 in fees and taxes. The breakfast was not that great and the room wasn't even clean. It was just okay. The light on the fire alarm was blinking all night and it was very noisy next to us. I called the front desk after 10:00 and they must have called because everything was quieter after that. I was just upset because they would not cancel my reservation and they were full that night because they didn't have any more rooms available. They could have sold this room to someone else.

Room Tip: I would be careful staying here because they have a big pool and a lot of kids stay here and it is n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience here at our hotel. I want to apologize that your recent visit with us did not exceed your expectations. We strive to provide a postive experience for all of our guests and I do apologize that we failed to meet those standards. I do want to thank you for bringing to my attention the minor issues that you encountered with your room and also apologize that the 24 hour notice for cancellation was not properly relayed to you during the booking process. I would like the chance to further discuss this with you. Please feel free to reach me at the hotel directly.

Travellers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City
Residence Inn Rapid City
Residence Inn Rapid City
#1 of 2 in Box Elder

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!