Let's start with the good - the location is right off the interstate - 2 turns - and you're there. Rooms are surprisingly quiet for the closeness to the freeway and the number of guests there solely for the waterpark. The room itself was clean and comfortable - and front desk staff was very friendly and helpful
Now for the not so good:
1) Parking - get a space early and keep it! 3 venues share the same lot - Laquinta, Fairfield and Sliders bar / waterpark. Needless to say - you may have issues finding a space at times.
2) Waterpark - it's nice - but la quinta does not (per a front desk person) include the park admission in their room rates, but the Fairfield Inn also attached does. Makes no sense at all.
3) Housekeeping - we were there two nights. We got up the first morning, left the room at 7:30 for breakfast and came back at 1:30 pm .... Housekeeping still hadn't visited the room. We left the room again for a couple of hours at the waterpark and arcade - AND THEY STILL HAD NOT CLEANED IT. Finally at 4:00 we went out for dinner and I stopped and ASKED them to clean it.
4) Breakfast - typical hotel self service breakfast - but it is in Sliders bar/grill space. Juice is mixed and in pitchers not out of a machine. 3 flavors of waffles, and something that loosely passed for scrambled eggs and meat... Oatmeal is instant and the buffet is shared with the Fairfield - so it gets crowded fast.
5) Room felt damp when we first got into it both nights - as it cooled down, dampness went away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A variety of rooms and suites are available at La Quinta. The hotel also offers a host of amenities, including a free shuttle service to Rapid City Regional Airport, on-site meeting facilities, a business center and free Wi-Fi, a Fitness Center and more. Sliders bar offers a daily happy hour and drink specials. A full breakfast is served every morning. We are located off I-90 (Exit 61) in Rapid City, South Dakota. The La Quinta Inn & Suites is connected to WaTiki Waterpark: the state's largest indoor waterpark. The property is also a short drive from the area's most popular attractions. The property's location is a comfortable distance from many major destinations, including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LaQuinta, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Rapid City
- La Quinta Rapid City
- Rapid City La Quinta