“Good Experience”

Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Snyder, Texas
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Overall, this motel is a good place to stay. It is, as noted by others, connected to a water park. Thus, the motel was very crowded with many families enjoying this attraction. Kids were happy and excited; smiling faces are always fun to see. We enjoyed seeing younger families enjoying time with their kids. We had no problems with noise even with the motel being totally full. We did request a 4th floor room away from the water park. We had a jacuzzi room which was nice and relaxing. The bed was a pillow-top and fine although the sheets were pretty thin. The towels, on the other hand, were thick and great.. Breakfast was a challenge as the breakfast room is not large enough for the amount of people trying to eat, plus they could not keep up with the amount of food needed to feed everyone during what must be the morning rush time. Therefore, breakfast was not relaxing and sometimes quite frustrating when you had little from which to choose to eat. They could work to do a better job in this area, although I am sure they were trying. (TRULY...lots of people.) If you plan to visit during the summer, make your reservations early to get a good price. If you are visiting to see the attractions around the Rapid City area or are in search of an indoor water park, this motel is certainly adequate.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Upon our check in to this hotel, we were greeted by a not so friendly desk clerk. She seemed as though she was arguing with someone on the phone and was rolling her eyes while talking. She then turned to us and was very cold. It was a bit awkward. The room was very clean! We were on the first floor the very end by the side door. The beds were very comfortable! One thing I found disturbing was the side exit door slammed shut. So anytime someone would walk in it would slam behind them. We were also across from the laundry room which had people coming in and out of. It was a bit noisier than I prefer but I guess we were in a high traffic area, it I think it was just the location of our room. Our second night here our toilet plugged. When I went to the desk clerk to tell them she said " I will give you a plunger! I didnt have any problem with using the plunger but For the amount of money we paid for our room they should have maintenience or some sort of help with a small problem like this. That is just from a customer service point of view. When we received our bill, they had charged us twice for water park passes ($16 each) 1 of which we never asked for or received and the other that was paid in cash by my 13 yr old daughter. When I told the same unfriendly clerk she was very hesitant to take off those charges but did in the end. Overall this hotel was very clean and would stay again, however the service of the desk clerks could use some customer service training.

Room Tip: Choose one not so close to an exterior door.
Springfield
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I broke up our 1800 mile drive by staying at places like this for my family. The girls loved the water park attached to this and another hotel. The place was clean and located close to the highway. A very short drive to Reptile Gardens, Crazy Horse, and Mt Rushmore, although we left here and stayed down in Custer National park the next few days. Had a problem with a Marriout coupon as central reservations told me I could show the front desk the coupon when I arrived. This is not the procedure generally but the front desk took care of the problem.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Great family Hotel that is located close to Mt Rushmore the Black mountains and all the other attractions of the area . Restaurant and swimming area(Water Park ) is great for families. There is an mid market steakhouse opposite which is also very good . Would recommend anyone staying at this hotel

Room Tip: Try the steak house next door . Its great
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 June 2013

So I started staying here as a Marriott Gold Elite in November 2012 and the Staff is what makes this place great. Especially Nikki at the front desk, Kayla and their GM Chris W. All the staff are great but these are the heroes i remember most. I signed a contract for lower room rate due to fact I am here so regularly.

They are busiest in the sumer season but still maintain the brand quality amid a high volume.

A great improvement is during the winter of 2012-2013 they remodeled and I watched the progress every month, from new floors, to carpet, room remodels, everything is shiny and new!

there is a water park attached and thoughI have been here for work, it is a real family atmosphere as well. The food at Sliders is excellent. I always order the Salmon with steamed veggies and pretty amazing Salmon for South Dakota.

Can't recomment the Fairfield Inn in Rapid City any higher. Great staff, great condition after remodel and consitently a great night's sleep!

Room Tip: Ask the staff. They are great at giving you the best rooms when available and you just need ask.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Quebec
Reviewed 24 June 2013

When we arrived the Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were nice and the beds were great. I will however have to say that my Parents room was good however, they had streaks of dried blood on the walls in their bathroom that were never cleaned. I think the housecleaning staff needs to be given inspections now and then to make sure they are doing their job. The water park was a blast. My children loved it. The only other bad experience was the sour and in the bad mood employee that was working the front desk the morning of our departure. He should be put somewhere else and not at the front desk.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We loved this hotel! We had a two-room suite with two queen beds, and it was perfect for our needs. We loved that it had two televisions in different rooms - our daughter could watch Disney while we watched HBO. Beds were super comfy. The water park was a lot of fun! There were a couple of minor things - housekeeping neglected to give us a shower mat and Kleenex and the breakfast attendant was surly when I told her they were out of eggs, but overall, it was a very nice experience. The room was very clean when we arrived, it's quite tastefully decorated, and the shower was great! We found it to be very quiet, and we stayed 3 nights. Take out from Sliders was good, but nothing outstanding. Desk attendants were very nice - we would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the hills and not the parking lot.
1 Thank Christine B
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#9 of 51 in Rapid City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!