When I booked this room it was because it was a Marriott and my husband and I planned to fly out of Rapid City after a nice road trip visiting several major national parks. It was close to Mt Rushmore, which was the last park on our intinerary. We ended up here a day ahead of schedule and I had added a 2nd night from the road prior to arriving. We figured we would travel 50 or so miles east to the Badlands on our "extra" day (which we did, with a stop at Wall Drug which we were glad we did as well).
When I booked, I was thinking airport and location, not waterpark. So imagine our surprise when we go to check in and there are LOTS of excited kids in the lobby - some wet, some anxious to get wet. Oh boy.
So I asked for a top floor room, was offered a 3rd floor. I knew this could be trouble, so I insisted further. The manager gave us a free upgraded room on top floor - a room with a jacuzzi (that we didn't use). It was a handicap accessible room with a jacuzzi (?). We were fine with that, the top floor was most important.
I was very apprehensive about what the noise was going to be like even from top floor since the room was facing the interstate and also on the side with the waterpark, but we had no noise issues. The hotel itself was a little old, but had brand new carpet everywhere, which was great. The breakfast area in the mornings were chaos, so we ate at McDonalds next door - no big deal for us.
So in all, a good stay - satisfied with everything - and a giant waterpark can be great for some (and the reason, obviously, that a lot of people choose this property) but don't let it scare you away if you're not interested in this feature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites can be found right off I-90 (Exit 59) in Rapid City, South Dakota. The property is home to WaTiki: the state's largest indoor park. With 30,000 square feet of slides, winding rivers and other water fun, it's no wonder why WaTiki continues to be a family favorite. The property's location is a comfortable distance from the area's major destinations, including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- Fairfield Inn And Suites - Rapid City
- Fairfield Inn Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Rapid City
- Fairfield Rapid City
- Rapid City Fairfield Inn