“Clean hotel and friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #29 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Clean hotel and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Found myself in Rapid City, SD for a visit to Mt. Rushmore. I try staying in Marriott properties since I am a rewards member and have had nothing but good experiences with the Marriott family of hotels. This trip would be no different. I was checked in without a problem even though I arrived before scheduled check in time. The key they originally gave me to my room did not work. When I presented the problem to the young lady at the front desk, she immediatly made a new key and excorted me to my room to ensure the new key worked. Upon entering the room I found a hand written note from the manager thanking me for showing loyalty to Marriott. This is why I choose Marriott! The room was spotless and the bed was comfy. Thats all I need. There is also a waterpark and a burger bar on property. I did not visit either to comment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
MyrtleVegas,

I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Our guests are very valuable to us and I want to make sure that I express my gratitude as many times as I can through out their stay and I was happy to hear that you got my thank you card in your room. Thank you so much for this wonderful review.

Chris Walker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Mobridge, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a family trip. We chose it because it was one of the locations attached to Watiki. When we checked in, the front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. We went with another family and when we checked in, we had a total of 5 kids under 10 with us. It was a 4 hour car ride there, so as you can imagine, the kids were ready to run. The staff was very quick with getting us checked in and were very understanding with our kids. The hotel room itself was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was very busy, but it was kept stocked and very clean. I am very happy with the quality of our stay. We definitely will be staying here again.

Room Tip: We chose the extended King suite, which wasn't as big as I was expecting, but it was large enoug...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a great stay, it was clean and the staff was verry friendly. Highly recomend saying here. The continental breakfast is amazing and they have a wide variaty to choose from. I would recomend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in rapid city

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mocks46

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to make sure that every guest has a great stay. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our breakfast. Our goal is to give such a variety to try to have something that everyone will enjoy. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We recently stayed at the Fairfield on a visit to Rapid City to be near my brother in the hospital. I had, erroneously, been told by the Marriott rep I spoke to to make the reservation that the property was 3.5 miles from the hospital. While the hotel ended up being nowhere near the hospital, it wasn't a bad drive and was worth the effort. Although there were a couple of areas of the room that were worn (the paint was peeling on the ceiling in the bathroom and there was a chip in the tub), overall it was clean and well-kept. We were traveling with our boys, ages 6 and 3, and the water park was a nice diversion from the long time in the car and the confines of the hospital. It was very busy, but did not feel crowded. Our only "complaint" was breakfast Sunday morning. It was jam-packed and the waits were long. We ended up sitting in a conference room for over-flow, so we had to sit in a row in stadium-style seating. Not ideal with small children. Also, we could hear the slamming of our neighbor's door, and it did disrupt us a few times. We appreciated the friendliness of the staff, and if we are ever in the area again, we will definitely stay there. In fact, the boys are dying to go back!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor; there are a lot of running kids in the hall, even though they try their best...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sturgie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are currently working on fixing the paint issues in the room but I am happy that you and your boys enjoyed your stay as well as the water park. We work very hard to try to make sure that all of our guests enjoy their stay.
Thank you again for you review.

Canton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was awesome-Jeff was the best front desk employee I have encountered in a long time. Always a smile and friendly hello, he goes out of his way to interact and make a guest feel welcome! All staff including the breakfast staff were friendly and so accomdating. The was no lag in the breakfast food/coffee being refilled even during the busy times. The rooms were very clean and no detail was overlooked. We had a bottle of wine and no corkscrew- my husband headed to the front desk to inquire on one and they even opened the bottle for us. Now that is service! Definitely the place to stay in Rapid!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Business stay was awesome. We got in just in time to check in and catch the game. Ashley had a great attitude and presented us with tickets for Sliders Restaurant. Ran the bags up to the room. Ashley showed us the direction to the restaurant. Perfect start to the stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Belle Fourche, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here and was just expecting the normal Fairfield Inn experience, but we recieved so much more. When we arrived the staff was so friendly we thought we were talking to our friends. They made us feel so welcome and the entire staff inlcuding management treated us like they knew us for years. When we got up to our room we were met with a hand written thank you card and some snacks to thank us for staying. I have never see that before and it was nice to have that because we do stay at Marriott's a lot. The room was very clean and did not have any broken items. We did not have our grandkids with us but I know if we did they would have had a great time at the attached waterpark.
Because of the staff and management alone I would stay here again and I will also recommend this hotel to everyone that I know.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rapid City
Comfort Suites Hotel & Convention Center Rapid City
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!