Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
US$132
US$126
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$53
US$41
US$37
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$54
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$47
US$85
US$82
Agoda.com
US$59
US$45
Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$173
Americas Best Value Inn(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$34
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkslidersfront deskroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastking suiteblack hillsthe breakfast areamount rushmorehot tubroad tripslidesinnsperkinsgrandkids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had our 4 kids with us and this hotel is ideal for that. They used the water park before and after day trips every day. It wasn't crowded. Breakfast buffet another draw for kids, handled very efficiently even with a lot of families there. The rooms are a bit small, even the suite, but manageable.
Management was excellent. Very responsive to any concerns or issues and in a timely manner.
I would choose to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Overall, this place was an average Fairfield Inn -- decent, nothing special. Very crowded breakfast. The room seemed a little old but it was clean and quiet. Price was more than I would usually spend on a Fairfield Inn but that is likely a function of its proximity to Mr. Rushmore in peak season. As much as it cost, I would have liked for it to include waterpark tickets.
The front desk staff were remarkably cheerful and friendly at all times.
I could score either as a 3 or 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

krepki,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I was very glad to hear that the front desk staff was helpful and cheerful during your stay. It is our goal to ensure that everyone that stays with us anytime of the year enjoys there stay. It does get very busy during breakfast time and for that reason we have opened our meeting room to all of our guests so that they can enjoy their breakfast. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My Mom and I stayed on my Marriott points before our visit to Mt. Rushmore. I didn't realize it is connected to an indoor waterpark, which would be great for young families. For us, having SO many kids in the lobby for breakfast each morning was a little annoying (especially because the breakfast options were very kid focused) and because there were hardly any places to sit. The back door while having a hotel key lock on it, was never engaged, so I didn't feel entirely safe entering from the rear entrance.
the room was quiet and slept well and we had no noise issues. it was about 15 minutes to the airport and centrally located for Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Custer State Park.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Daisy326,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We try very hard to ensure that everyone that stays with us enjoys their experience whether they are here to enjoy the water park or to take in the sites or on a business trip. I apologize that the amount of people did not make it easier for you and your mom. We do keep the back entrance unlocked during the morning time to make it easier for our guests to come in and out of that back parking lot with out having to worry about remembering their keys. We do have it locked through out the rest of the day. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I used points here for a night while in the RC area...a ton of points that had to be based on 4th of July week demand, not for the hotel. First thing to know is that this is connected to a water park - if you have kids, this is fine, but if you're a couple with no kids or a business traveler, know this up front. Expect kids running around the place. Furthermore, it's convenient to I-90 but not to the center of charming Rapid City. Probably 15 minutes from downtown.

This we could've dealt with but when we got to the room, it was very dated and there was hair still in the shower from a previous visitor. I don't expect everything about hotels to be perfect, but I do expect them to be fully clean, especially if you're going to charge 30,000 points or so for a night to a lower end Marriott. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few miles towards the center of Rapid City last year and that was one of the best entry level chain hotels I've been at in years.

I probably won't stay here in the future just because I'm not interested in being attached to a water park, but I certainly wouldn't go back without some major improvements. Hate to say this as a frequent Marriott traveler and platinum elite customer.

Room Tip: Be prepared for lots of kids
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank R W
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

R W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I want to apologize for the room not being up to standards. I assure you I have addressed this with the housekeeping staff. Also this hotel was renovated to the exact specs per Marriott in 2013. It is a retro feel however the furniture and carpet, ect. have been replaced.
Marriott designates all of the properties as to how many points a night stay costs the rewards members and not the individual hotel. The point values are the same any day of the year and do not fluctuate during busier times. I apologize that your stay do not go as planned and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Good location. We didn't use the waterpark... The rooms were clean, but small and awkwardly set up. I was impressed that for as busy as it was they stayed on top of the food for breakfast (which is standard fare). We had a fourth floor room and had no sound issues.

Stayed: July 2014
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

bhkeller2001,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable during their stay and I will be taking a look at the set up of our rooms to make sure that we utilize the space better in the future. Thanks again for the review.