“Highly Recommend this Hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Highly Recommend this Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

My teenage son and i spent almost a week at this Hotel and thorougly enjoyed every day. The staff at the Courtesy Desk were extremely helpful with directions / recommendations on sights to see - everything! The room was clean and the beds were pillow top, very comfortable.
My son is special needs and "Cathy" the Breakfast Room Helper took extra care to help him and all of the children (lots of them-since the Hotel has an attached water park). She was friendly, courteous and helped start each day in the best way possible - GREAT Customer Service!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Muleshoe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

WOW!! We should always be so fortunate to stay at a hotel whose staff is so friendly, knowledgeable about the area and so willing to give suggestions and information. Really made our few days enjoyable and we saw more than we would on our own!! Thank you housekeeping for the cleanliness of our rooms each day!! Deborah, you went above & beyond making us feel welcome. Thanks! We didn't experience breakfast 'cause we partied late and slept in!! See you next year. Luv a duck!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Townsend, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

I'm really a Marriott fan and wanted to try this Fairfield. I cannot believe I almost booked somewhere else because of the other reviews, and I'm so thankful I didn't. The staff at this Fairfield Inn went above and beyond to make me comfortable, especially the general manager, and the accommodations were far above anything I expected. What a hidden treasure this hotel is....very clean, very well run. I would (and have) recommended this hotel to everyone I know. No wonder bikers flock here during Sturgis week...they always know the BEST places to stay! Now I do too.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2010

A very good hotel, and a convenient location for sightseeing in the area. Only irritation was that my stay was for two nights beginning August 31, and apparently rates drop considerably on 9/1, I was paying $84/night on a pre-reserved senior rate, while the sign out front was advertising a $59.99 rate on 9/1. When I asked the front desk about a lower rate, I was told that the advertised rate was only if you stayed 3 nights. True or not, I'd recommend that you not make reservations if you arrive in September, as your rate is likely to be lower than the online rates. We also could hear some noise from the traffic on the street at the back of the hotel; would recommend that you request a room at the front, which is, ironically, where the railroad tracks are.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

Nice new hotel with lots of free parking. Large comfortable, clean rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Rapid City, SD this past Labor Day. The hotel was very busy but we were both impressed that Peggy and Jess took the time at check in to supply us with maps and give us directions to local restaurants. Later that evening my husband went down for coffee and Peg insisted on making him a fresh pot. WOW now that's Marriott service. Kathy in breakfast was very friendly and made sure we had all we needed. The breakfast room was a bit small for all the people, but Kathy more than made up for it. The rooms were clean and nice although a bit dated compared to some of the new Fairfield Inn's we have seen. Overall, we would definately recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit to Rapid City. There was so much to see and not near enough time to do it all.

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2010

First, I always stay at Marriott because of their superior quality and friendly staff. I don't think I have ever had a bad experience at at Marriott; I stay at them 90% of my travel time because of my good experience with them.

I stayed here for 4 nights, May 18 - 21, 2010. In my profile, I always request a frig; but, sometimes, I understand they are unavailable. Being that I was staying here 4 nights, I needed one.

When I checked in, I first asked if I could be near the laundry room. I got a quick no on that (he didn't even search rooms). Then I asked about having a frig. The guy checking me in, flat out said none were available. I kind of whined about it, but he still didn't even look for one. He said if one becomes available the next day, he would call me (he didn't - he never followed up). It wasn't so much about the frig as it was his attitude. He was the least accommodaing person I have ever met in a hotel.

I stayed here during the off-season, so the hotel was not even remotely full or close to full; I found it hard to believe there were no refrigerators in the entire hotel.

Besides that, the hotel is exceptional. Very clean, nice rooms, big hotel with an attached water-type park (I didn't use it so I won't comment on it). It's conveniently located right off the interstate and close to about everything in the Rapid City area (about 20 minutes to Mt. Rushmore). Other than my check-in experience, I have no issues with the hotel at all.

I would never stay here again because of the way I was treated. Instead, I would choose to go down to Keystone and stay in the Holiday Inn, where they are very friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
MizDakota2010, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, 11 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Good or bad we value our reviews as it shows us where we can do better or when we are doing something well. I am so sorry that your check in was not pleasant. All of are standard queen and king rooms come without refrigerators. We do have Extended King Suites for an additional $10 which are larger and include refrigerators or microwaves. Our guest service representative may have not had anything to offer as far as upgrades to accomodate all 4 nights of your stay.
I looked up the dates of your stay and we were completley sold out 3 of the 4 days you were here. That would account for the limited availability for a room available for 4 nights near the laundry room.

Thank you again for your reviews and for staying with us, I will share your thoughts with all my associates.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rapid City
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#9 of 51 in Rapid City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!