“Good meal!”

Ranked #35 of 264 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: US$17 - US$30
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Minnesota
“Good meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Five of us ate here on a Friday night. We had no trouble getting a table (without a reservation), although we did get the last table they had. The menu was eclectic, and hard to describe as one kind of food. Between us, we had two Thai Bowls, a cheese plate, and two BLT salads, served in the largest bowls I've ever seen for a salad. Without exception, the food was tasty and well presented.

The noise level in the restaurant is off the charts loud. There was a table of 6 or 7 women "celebrating" something and they were very loud...made more so by the acoustics of the restaurant. It is NOT a place to go to expect to have an intimate conversation.

Also, the food took f.o.r.e.v.e.r to appear at our table. Not sure whether this a good thing or a bad thing....it was very well prepared and I suppose that is better than fast and mediocre!

I would definitely try it again if I were in the area.

• Visited June 2014

Germantown, Tennessee
“Very Pleasant Evening Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I like the description of its successor - "Uncork'd Wine Bar and Restaurant specializes in
gourmet foods paired with wines and beers in a cozy atmosphere located in a quiet neighborhood." The dining room is not opulent and in fact reminds me of San Antonio with its red and green walls plus yellow napkins.

Being new, it was not crowded and I was quickly seated. The wine selection is very good for a small town like Rapid City. Being a little late in the evening, they had sold out of the HangerSteak special but I quickly focused on Grilled Scallops with the Couscous special and a Spinach Salad. They packaged up a coffee flavored flam type dessert to take back to the hotel. Service was outstanding not only for myself but also all other diners. One couple came in about 30 minutes before closing and were warmly greeted. Not a huge dining room, but there is plenty of parking. This would be a great place to take someone for a nice and quiet evening (if you want noise and wings there is a chain restaurant at the other end of the strip center.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Thom P
Union Center, South Dakota
“I wish them well”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This is IMO a niche restaurant for the "westside". Kind of like it's previous occupant-"UnCorked." which was only open for the tourist season or special occasions. The "fluid menu" does not impress me. The fish selection was swordfish (threatened species). Decided to take out the $20 cheese board. Bad choice. Partner wouldn't touch any of the "artisan cheese" that we had no idea what kind it was. Shoulda asked before we ordered, self-inflicted wound. A few pieces of french bread, grapes, chocolate coated almonds, and "water crackers"?!# were it. Menu is limited and I wouldn't have chosen any of the entrees offered. Beer selection appears OK. Wine selection is big, but mostly French. Service is excellent. Most likely will not return. I'd put a Little Caesar's pizza shop in here and make money ;-)

• Visited April 2014
8 Thank Bearclaw6
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Didn't need a reservation this time...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

...but I expect I'll need one for now on. This restaurant is so new, it still has the sign up from the previous restaurant here, "Uncorked." It knocked our socks off. Nice atmosphere, first class service. Started with a Brie appetizer with blackberry compote and grapes. Excellent, and a generous portion for two. I had the chicken cacciatore entree--can honestly say I've never had a better chicken dish in a restaurant. My wife had a shrimp and scallop entree with a wonderful buttery garlic sauce. We both enjoyed the bread pudding with caramel, and the rich, semi-sweet chocolate cake desserts. We did see a Facebook post that stated they only took cash, but this isn't so...they accept most credit cards. Note to tourists...this place is not in downtown Rapid, but is not hard to find. Definitely worth the effort.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chris L
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great addition to Rapid City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Congrats to Pete Franklin on his recent opening of Juniper in the former Uncorked on Sheridan Lake Road. As you would expect, the food was amazing and the wine list was impressive. Juniper is open for dinner only and has a fluid menu which Pete plans to change on almost a daily basis. We enjoyed the cheese board which offered a generous selection of artisan cheeses, fruit, crackers, and bread - plenty for four to share. The braised chicken on mushroom risotto and the salmon feature were absolutely delicious. Matthew provided great service and was able to offer wine selections that paired well with all the meals at our table.
So nice to be able to again enjoy Pete's cooking and his appreciation for fine wines. Can't wait to return!

• Visited February 2014