“Would not stay”

Best Western Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I would not recommend staying in this hotel, it had a weird smell, the beds are not very comfortable and the sheets are really ruff. For the price, this hotel is not worth it. There were dinner plates left in the hall all night long. I could hear everything in the hall.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Richard S,

I'm sad to hear your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive our best to make improvements based on guest feedback and your comments are appreciated. We hope you give us another try and see that we can make your stay better.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

While I was using my app to find a hotel for my family of six I came upon this Hotel. An indoor water park was the selling point. We checked in at 10:05 pm so the water areas had just closed for the night. My three children were there at 8 am when it was opened for the day. What a great amenity to have in your hotel. Beds were comfy and the room was clean. Be prepared this is a huge hotel. We had a room 1/4 mile from the office.

Heidi G,

It sounds like the waterpark was a great hit with your family. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Made reservations the morning before leaving so we would have a quaranteed room for the night.
Very easy to find off the interstate. It was very clean, modern room with a great shower with lots of hot water and quiet room. The only drawback was there are no elevators here and we were on the 2nd floor with all our luggage and cooler to bring in! They had a nice waterpark at this hotel but we didn't take advantage of this- we were worried with the waterpark that it would be noisy but that was not the case- no free continental breakfast here- has attached restaurant but kinda expensive. We walked down the street and ate at TGI Fridays for supper and Denny's for breakfast the next morning and gas station very close also

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage ask for a first floor room!

gtfrosch,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that your stay went well and our location accommodated your travel needs. Please feel free to stop back and visit again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was overly impressed with the customer service of this place. Since we were staying 4 nights, we asked if there was any way to get a fridge and microwave in our room and within 10 minutes they were in our room. The hotel is right off the interstate and close to many eating places and attractions. The kids had a blast with the water park and the other full size pool. We wanted to stay a little longer since we had such a nice time with everything.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

RickyW3,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our services were appreciated. We hope to have you stay with us again and visit more of what the Black Hills area has to offer. Safe travels.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Checked in today for a 2 night stay. Here's what you'll get if you stay here-
Filthy rooms
Hair on bathroom counter and floor
Urine behind toilet
Dog poop on balcony
Freezing cold pool
No fridge
No microwave
Roll away matress that's worn to the springs
Rudest hotel staff in Rapid City

The list goes on. If it weren't such a hassle to pack up the kids and switch hotels, we'd be out of here. Worst experience ever.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Amer5b
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Amer5b,

It definitely sounds like your stay could have gone better. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. I hope your future travels go better for you and your family.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I can see that this hotel is great if you are taking small children on a vacation. However, of the 9 hotels I stayed in on a recent trip through Montana, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming this was the worst. I was travelling with my mother and daughter who both have some issues with walking. When we checked in at 5 p.m. I was told I had a second floor room and there is no elevator. When I explained that it would be difficult for my mother and daughter I was told they were sold out and couldn't make any change to our room. I doubt that every room on the first floor that was reserved already had people in them at 5 p.m. In addition, we were about as far away from the restaurant and the pool as it was possible. After carrying all our luggage up the stairs and helping both my mom and my daughter make it up the stairs I found a garbage bag with garbage in the middle of the floor of the room. Finally, I wanted to get some ice and there was only one ice machine in the entire floor of the very large hotel. In addition, to the poor quality of the hotel, hotel beds, cleanliness, and service of this hotel it was the most expensive of the hotels we stayed at during a 10 day trip. Even a $60 hotel in Montana had ice, breakfast, and was cleaner than the $160.00 we paid for this hotel. I definitely would not stay at this hotel unless I really wanted the pool for my children.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Jean N,

I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate you and your family members. Unfortunately, we do not have an elevator to our second floor. Along with this a majority of guest do reserve first floor for this reason, putting us between a rock and a hard place, as to accommodating those such as yourself. If possible, I hope to have you back again perhaps during the off season of tourism so to help you with value spent and less demand on the hotel.
I apologize for any perception that you felt slighted during your stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall this was a decent hotel. It is very centralized and easy to get around the city with lots of options for restaurants and shopping. The area of the hotel we stayed in was older but the rooms were updated and very clean. The shower was great - great water pressure which you don't always find. The restaurant was very convenient and had great food. My only complaint about the room we stayed in was there was no mini fridge or microwave which made it a bit challenging when staying for multiple nights with small kids. The water park water was very cold and caters to young children ages 2-5 and older children ages 9+. My 6 year old found it a bit boring. It does not have an area for adults such as a lazy river. The pool was not connected to the waterpark and was across the hall in a completely different area. It was difficult for one adult to watch 2 children of differnt ages and swimming abilities. Thre are no life gaurds which surprised me. Overall I would stay there again but would make sure to ask for a room with a fridge.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ryan F, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Stacey B,

Thank you for your review and your constructive feedback. I'm glad your family enjoyed your time in the Black Hills area and we hope to see you back again for another stay.