“Bit pricey for the value”

Best Western Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Good location, great restaurants and stores close by and location is just off the freeway.
Big place so long walk to rooms but ample parking close to rooms too.
$164 for one night I thought was a bit pricey.
Pool was fine for kids, rooms were very clean and large. A/C was quiet in room.
Soft towels which is always a good guide to cleanliness :)
Restaurant on the premises was EXCELLENT.
Front desk staff could use a little "smile" training.
Main complaint is no elevator to upper level which was very difficult for my sister who was in a wheel chair.

Room Tip: Look for a ground floor room close to the front desk (there is no elevator to upper levels)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ryan F, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for the review, it is nice to hear back from our valued guests. We look forward to seeing you again and hope that your time with us was good. During our peak season rates do tend to spike, however I will tell you we always try to give you the most for your money here at the Ramkota. Once again thank you for the response we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a very large Best Western with lots of amenities for the whole family. The front-end staff is very pleasant and accommodating. The lounge and restaurant offer a good selection and prices are reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was our pleasure to have you with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Once again thank you so much for the kind remarks.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ramkota. We got an executive suite and it was huge. It worked perfectly for our family of 4. My kids loved the water park so much that my daughter wanted to stay another night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review, by telling us what you liked you make us better. Thank you for staying with us we look forward to seeing you on return trip.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The second day that we were there, we returned to our room to find that nothing was done that morning. I informed the front desk and she had security bring towels, shampoo, coffee, and take out the garbage. The second day, the old towels were removed but not replaced with new. I informed the front desk on this also. One night you could not get from your room to the front desk because they were pulling up carpet in a main hallway. The toilet was not cleaned and the carpet and tile were not swept until the fourth day. Housekeeping would start knocking on doors about 9:00, so I guess if you were not gone by the time they knocked, you would not get service that day. I believe they never heard of checklists. The air conditioner did not have directional vents so it was cool on the first bed, but very warm elsewhere. For $270 a night, it would have been nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Luckily, we were one the first floor as there is no elevator in the hotel. Breakfast was an additional fee at the attached restaurant. The attached splash park was included in the price, but there should have been some sort of discount for families that do not use that service. The table in our room had a leg that was about to come off. The toilet seat was loose (If housekeeping would have cleaned the toilet, they would have noticed:) ) The hotel did have ample parking which was nice for Sturgis bike week so you could park a truck and a trailer. The only reason we went with this hotel was due to all others being sold out in January. I can now see why. The only reason I would return would be for the ample parking space. Some of the better rated hotels appear to have smaller parking lots. I also prefer not to get a condescending response from the front desk manager. Everything I have stated here has been stated by others and nothing has been addressed.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ryan F, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I'm sorry your experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations. I hope you are able to find the accommodations that will make you happy on a future visit to the Black Hills area. Thank you for taking the time to review the property and once again thank you for staying with us, I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent accomodations, service and amenities. I was in Rapid City for Bike Week and I completely enjoyed my stay at the Best Western. The location is right off of I-90 and very conveniently located close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ryan F, General Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words in your review. We loved having you stay with us this year during the Sturgis Rally. We hope to see you in the future and bid you safe travels back home. Have a wonderful fall.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The room was ok and the bed was comfortable. The main reason I likely won't stay there again was the lack of a breakfast. I was told I could purchase one in the restaurant. The pool was great if I had a family with me, but this trip I was by myself.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review the property. I hope your stay was good overall. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Room was very clean. Maid service was great. Fitness room was very well equipped & very neat. Lobby was very clean. They offered free bottled water to all guest. Swimming pool was well kept. Had no problem finding a parking spot. Had restaurant & bar at hotel. Also had a water park.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I was pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Once again thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.