“Not worth the cost!”

Ranked #45 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Bennington, Vermont
“Not worth the cost!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Booked online and asked for 2 rooms, received booking for the correct rooms but in the smoking side. After some computer work it was fixed. Rooms had musky smells to them. Floors were sticky. Sleeping on concrete would have been more comfortable than the beds. WiFi was listed on our booking as free, but they charged us a daily access for it. 2.99 isn't much, but its the principle of it. Pay the extra cash and go elseware

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My reservation was for a single and I recieved 2 bed. I was told they didn't have any singles. The floors are dirty and haven't been swept in awhile. I saw dust bunnies on the floor and looked around a little harder and they are everywhere. No bulb in one of the lights. No hair dryer, no microwave, no refer and no coffee pot. No shampoo. When traveling alone I do not bring alot of things and use the items provided. They charge for WiFi. I have been in about 40 rooms this year alone and have never paid for it. There is also no clock. I have an ashtray in a non smoking room. The key card is a pain, you have to put it in a dozen times before it works. Only 1 waste backet. I have used Motel 6 before and probably will again. At $80 this place sucks. I would never stay here again. The only good thing is the location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

Beldenville
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

The location is directly off the interstate which was nice and it was an easy drive downtown for dinner too. The only interaction we had with staff was at check in and the gentleman was friendly. The room was small but clean. Definitely nothing fancy but good enough for a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2013
brooklyn
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I wouldn't recommend the hotel. No maid service the 2nd day; also they wouldn't recognize a deposit made through Hostelworld, even after repeated entreaties. Lackadaisical staff attitude. The management is not very engaged. There are a lot better deals in Rapid City. Brian from Brooklyn

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. Rapid City has a lot of good deals
Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Minneapolis
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This motel looks like it has been recently remodeled. Clean, basic, comfortable room at a great price. No extra charge for the pets. If you just need a bed and a shower this is a great choice. If you need in room coffee, a hairdryer, continental breakfast then look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Pukwana
Reviewed 11 January 2013

I checked into this motel on a business trip and to do a lil christmas shopping, so I stayed there for four days. The motel rooms were small but they were clean. The only problem I had with this motel was the rooms on all sides of us had a lot of people partying and they took our parking spots so we had to park away from our room which disturbed me considering my vehicle was filled with christmas gifts. There was loud people yelling and fighting out side our door and couldnt get much sleep considering I had meetings in the mornings. I know thats hardly the business' fault but security would have been nice. Also the walls were very thin and we could hear everything in the other rooms. From reading the other reviews I didnt know we could ask for a microwave or a fridge which would have been an option I would have took but now I know. The room service was polite when they came to the door. Overall I do not plan on staying here again, I think it is just worth it to stay at a more expensive place if you gotta be up early.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stay in Rapid City, S.D. several times a year. I knew I would only be getting about 5 hours of sleep due to scheduled traveling. I decided to just go to motel 6 rather then spending the extra money on a nicer hotel. Boy was that a mistake.... I woke up with a ton of bug bites. All areas under the covers, and there was not any Mosquitos in the room. I went to the front desk, they agreed they were bug bites, didn't look at all surprised. And did nothing...... The manager who wasn't there( or wouldn't come out) wouldn't even call me as promised. I was seriously freaked out by this, took me days to get my luggage debugged. Also, as others, commented extremely uncomfortable beds, before I knew they were crawling with bugs.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family