“Unbelievably filthy!”
Review of Motel 6 Rapid City

Motel 6 Rapid City
Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Checked in late on Sat. night. When we got to room we noticed that everything was dusty and floor was dirty. Pulled back covers on one of the beds and it looked like sheets had not been changed - dirty and crumbs in bed. Asked for new linen. When they brought new linen we stripped off bedding and found a huge - -I mean huge - -blood stain on mattress! Disgusting. We cancelled our stay and left immediately - -slept in our van that night but it was better than Motel 6!
I would never, ever recommend this motel to anyone - it was horrible!

Room Tip: I have nothing good to say and would not recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was the laugh and highlight of our trips in hotels. Sometimes things just so happen and this was the hotel that made life interesting. Understandable that good maids are hard to come by these days...the room floor could of been cleaned along with a few other details in the room. But the front desk staff was great. Kinda expensive for what the hotel was but understandable ...this is new a lot of attractions for travelers.

Room Tip: A great group of hotels right within walking distance of each other.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank marti k
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I had to make a last minute change and oh my how helpful the staff was. I also had a package delivered and it was not only received bit refrigerated too (it contained some personal meds). Comments by other guest had similar praise for motel staff. Room was clean and always cleaned. I stayed here for 3 nights. Definitely stay here if on a budget.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Capnnak
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

For two people to stay it was close to $100 for the night. It was very expensive for what you got. They only had smoking rooms available but the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The comforter was a little dirty but otherwise the room was really clean.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank JJJ54108
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The room was clean & comfortable. The floor was dirty the 1st night & they forgot to leave cups the last night. The air in our room worked too good, had to turn it off because we were cold. There was little noise, pool decent. Beds are pushed up against the wall which can make it difficult for the person next to the wall to get out. No alarm, no hairdryer, no shampoo/conditioner. No breakfast but a few dollars more you can get a frige/microwave & bring your own or buy it. Walmart with grocery very close. A bit overpriced for what you get, but it seems all hotels in Rapid City for pricey. One of the few I could find for under $100 a night.

Room Tip: Air works well in room 150.
1  Thank Kristy R
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was an unbelievable experience. 7/6/2014, room 235. First the A/c didn't work so we had to keep the window open all night. (OK, I take blame for not requesting a different room, but checking in at midnight left me with no drive left). Second, due to the room being hot, when I threw the blanket I discovered a used band-aid stuck to the inside of the blanket. Third, we found some sort of hair covered "thing" the size of a mouse on the floor under the desk. Fourth, of the three bath towels, the top one was in the rack dirty. It looked like it was used to wipe up something like dust. or floor dirt, then put into the rack with the other two clean ones. I will say that the guy that checked us in at midnight was very friendly and professional, even though it was nearly midnight and there were people standing in line waiting to be taken care of. I filled put the review card left in the room and personally delivered it to the person at the desk in the morning and discussed it with her. I don't believe in leaving criticism like this with out discussing it personally. The establishment deserves to have their say in the matter. I will admit they were open to hear my comments of the room.

Room Tip: view the room before accepting it at check in time.
2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I wish this weren't typical for my experience with Motel 6, but it was, which is why i rated this at 3 stars instead of two.

Thankfully, the room was clean and updated, but little effort has clearly been made by their corporate office to offer a real feel of value to the customer experience. The shower head stood 5.5' from the floor so the avg-height man has to duck to get wet. The towels were cheap, paper-thin, and small. And the beds were doubles and not queens, making it difficult to get a comfortable night's sleep with a spouse next to you. Not mention the black-out curtains sat far enough away from the window to allow the parking lot lights to light the room all night long.

The good side was that the front desk person was friendly and otherwise had no issues.

Just a hopeful hint to Motel 6 from one business owner to another; if you want repeat customers, you're going to have to add value to my experience, especially for the price we paid for this stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends