“When are we going to see more Adoba Eco Hotels?”

The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“When are we going to see more Adoba Eco Hotels?”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

The first time I stayed at this property was during Sturgis and I couldn't have been more pleased. The staff is absolutely amazing and truly goes above and beyond to make sure everyone has an amazing experience. The property is in the midst of some major renovations and updating which will take time but when it's complete I am sure their regular guests might not even recognize the place (they even have some very talented staff doing wall art in the renovated rooms). It is inspiring to see what kind of strides the property is taking to ensure the property is eco-friendly. It is in an ideal location in downtown Rapid City within walking distance of great local restaurants and boutiques. There are also amazing hiking/walking trails nearby so you can truly take in the beauty of the area. I am excited for my next trip to Rapid City and for the newly completed renovation of the Adoba Eco Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Korean first
Ventura, CA
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Whenever I stay in a multi level hotel I always make sure I know where the stairs are. My family and I stayed in this hotel as part of a two night package with Caravan tours. We were picked up at the airport by a terrific driver who had our name listed on the guest list. Check in went smoothly to our 4th floor room facing the street. Room was not modern or fixed up. Nothing like the pictures and unclear to me when this remodel was ever going to be accomplished. That night, loud music from across the street that went on until at least 1:30 am. Second night, people on each side of our room making loud noise. Our room had connecting doors on each side which I believe reduces the sound proofing integrity of the room. Breakfast was good in the dining room but not sure why a waiter told me we could not sit in a booth when there were no signs or indications that those areas were restricted for other tour groups. We took the lobby stairs to the second floor and asked where the stairwell was to the upper floors. The staff person had no idea where they were located. We asked someone else and found them in a staff restricted area. While waiting outside the front doors we tried to sit in the chairs but had to move because there were so many cigaret butts in the ashtray! The hotel just seemed old, and I am not confident that a remodel will change the inherent sound issues. I really wanted to like this hotel. It promotes things that I believe in. However, after staying here for two nights I cannot recommend this hotel. My tour company sent me an opinion survey and they will not get thumbs up from me on this place.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms facing the busy street...too much noise from the bars across the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tim805
Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Before reviewing the property, I must say the staff goes out of their way to be helpful. Stacie Hull has always been a great asset to the hotel. With that said, I was very disappointed to find the hotel in the same condition it was 4 years ago and at that time it needed to be remodeled. The hotel used to be a Raddison and changed it's name also promoting that it's a green, Eco friendly hotel. The marquee sign outside reads renovated rooms. Our room has peeling paint, mold on the tile in the tub, the tub has been painted and the paint is peeling off, holes in the ceiling where old drapery hardware used to be, the dryer was broke when we arrived so we were unable to clean our clothes. The cold air return in our room is stained and in need of paint. The ceiling tile in the outside Valet area are stained, weathered, some loose and ready to fall out. The Bar looks the same as it did 4 years ago. Basically at first glance, nothing has changed except the name. I will be posting pictures upon my return home.

Room Tip: Make sure it has been completely remodeled
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank earle1231
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Our room had not been renovated and could definitely use it. The breakfast, however, more than made up for that. I like real silverware, plates, coffee cups. Real scrambled eggs, very good French toast, hot oatmeal, lots of fruit choices - very nice! We were there for two nights before the Sturgis Rally and the hotel was really gearing up to serve the bikers. Service at breakfast was great the first day, non-existent the second when they were busier. Overall, I liked the location of the property and the front desk was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Sacramento
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We used the Adoba as a 'base' for our Mt. Rushmore trip. Rapid City is a great place to stay and this hotel is right in the 'heart' of it. We could walk to a number of yummy places to eat and enjoyed the brass full size statues of famous people on each street near by. Our room was great, a few of the city, cool graphics of bison and Indian art on the walls, comfy beds, nice staff and a fancy breakfast as part of your stay. No plastic wrapped breakfast rolls here. The restuarant was very nice, lots of choices of hot food and fresh fruit. I would recommend Adoba to anyone, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the remodeled section, 9th floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mychaddy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Walked into my clean room to fine wonderful gift box with treats and drinks.. to enjoy the stay. Good food and wonderful customer service..Stayed the week of Sturgis Rally and it was a great location...I'll be back soon

Room Tip: talk to stacy...she is the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I've never stayed in an Eco-friendly hotel until now and it was way nicer than I expected. Newly removed room, things were clean, and the staff was exceptional. The breakfast Buffett was decent....way better than most complementary breakfasts in other chain hotels and is included with the price of the room. I would definitely reccemend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends