“Wonderful Experience!”

The Rushmore Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I only have wonderful things to say about my visit to Rapid City. Adoba Eco Hotel is well located. The staff is wonderful and always trying to help. The rooms are very modern and beautiful. I had a great time! They also provide transportation to other hotels and airport. I recommend to visit Alpine Inn for dinner. It is a wonderful place, affordable and delicious. Look no further I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms were renovated recently and look amazing.
1  Thank rosavir
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for the kind and generous review. It enriches our lives to know that our service level will bring you back and that you would recommend us to others.....Thank you!

BTW: great picture of the room ; and I agree the Alpine Inn is also a great place for lunch or dinner.

There are newer reviews for The Rushmore Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The hotel was nicely renovated recently and the rooms are very contemporary and retro (not what I was expecting in South Dakota). My only complaint would be that the walls/doors are a little thin and I could hear my next door neighbors. Great customer service, they were very accommodating to me and my colleagues. The restaurant had an excellent continental breakfast, including an omelet bar.

1  Thank Hilary B
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We brought a men's college basketball team to this hotel last week, and we were all incredibly impressed! Everything was so clean! The beds were the most comfortable we have encountered, and we stay at hotels often. Location right next to South Dakota School of Mines was ideal for our team. The highlights were the DELICIOUS breakfast, which got our team ready for the day, and also the unique rooms with great tv's! Would recommend this to ANYONE.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Karim M, Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for the outstanding review! It was our teams pleasure to host your team!
Congratulations on the win!

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay! Rooms are VERY cool. Breakfast was excellent. Service at the front desk & restaurant was stellar!! I would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Also had a wonderful dinner last night at the Firehouse Brewpub a block away last evening.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for the super rating! We really appreciate it. It took a lot of research, dedication to make such a comfortable, functional and artistic design for the rooms. Glad you liked the end result! We hope you ll be back again!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We spent two nights at this fairly comfortable hotel which was centrally located and within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. The room was furnished in a modern trendy style with spindly stool-style chairs. The beds were comfortable with good quality bed linen, and the bathroom was well equipped and spacious. My only complaints would be that the walls were insubstantial; the guests in the next room were clearly audible each time they occupied their room, and there was no in-room safe.

We dined at the Enigma Restaurant on our first evening. The meal was very good, but the waiter’s manner was distant and showed little interest in interacting with the diners. One wonders if this related to the fact that this meal was part of a contracted coach tour stay and that there would be no additional gratuities for this meal.
We also ate breakfast here on two successive mornings. I’m pleased to say that the lady looking after the coach tour guests was most welcoming and helpful. The breakfast selection was very good and we had no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Karim M, Manager at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

I am so glad you liked the rooms, decor and beds and linen, the restaurant and location. Pleasant is such a nice title to your review....it sounds like " a very nice hotel" to me.

Thank you and best in your travels!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and was very surprised. The rate was very good for our two families, the rooms were clean, modern and comfortable with plenty of space to move around. The beds were terrific and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and with plenty on offer. The staff were helpful and approachable. The Adoba is close to town and we found Rapid City a very interesting place and close to Mt Rushmore which was the purpose of our visit. Thanks for a very good experience. There was only one thing we noticed and that was the train noise at night.

Room Tip: Family rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DebL53
Karim M, Owner at The Rushmore Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

There just couldn't be more adoba? Could there? I suppose there could, but it would not be the same as this one......you see: we stress the individuality of the Black Hillls. for example 85 % of our Renovation was constructed within a five mile radius. The idea of Eco stems from our kinship to this area and land. Bottom up and top down we are south dakota genuine. Thanks for sharing this window of time with us....Safe travels to Sydney!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at Adoba Eco couple of weeks back. The front desk personnel were very warm and welcoming and made me feel like a special guest. I have stayed at other hotels in the area over the last 4 years pretty regularly but barring a couple of front desk employees none really bothered much even though you were a returning guest. I believe I got an upgrade to a beautiful room on the 9th floor, which I believe they call the Presidential Suite.

The room was real nice, very different from all the other hotels. Each of the four walls were painted in different colors. Two of them had murals and I really liked the concept a lot. Room had ample lighting, very comfortable beds, mini fridge, wall mounted Samsung TV with lots of channels, well maintained/cleaned bathrooms and the towels were real white and of good quality. Every day they would replenish bottled water and couple of days they even placed taffy in the room.

The water pressure from the shower was not the ultimate but it was not bad at all. I also felt the pride of being a part of the "green revolution" for those four days.

There was free breakfast buffet with an omelette station (3 of the 4 days I stayed there). The chef makes - made to order - omelettes and I did not miss out on those. The restaurant staff were very courteous and always checking to make sure you are well taken care of.

I did not venture into the bar or any other common areas so can't say much about those places. I had only one complaint - can't really fault them, though - about the room not having a microwave. I normally bring home made meals as I'm not much of a food junkie and don't enjoy eating out every day.

I'm sure I will stay here in the future as well (for those of you wondering about my comment about the microwave - I used to warm my food at work and bring it to my hotel room).

Great job you all. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

reading your kind words, its no wonder I am in tears. In a world of diminishing civility, we strive so hard to turn the clock back to the days of chivalry and genuine hospitality! Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers. We look forward to seeing you again.
Best,