All reviews standard hie rambunctious kids bedside lamps shampoo and soap flavored creamers would stay here again cinnamon rolls nice selection of food outback steakhouse comfortable room very clean hotel front desk staff eating establishments free breakfast nice job breakfast staff within walking distance
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Beds were delightful, as were pillows! Most impressed with cleanliness and decor. It felt like a very expensive hotel! Seemed to be run very well, and the morning breakfast buffet was probably the best I've seen. Stayed there one night on our way to Black Hills on September 10th 2017

Room Tip: We had no trouble with noise, and the A/C unit was blissfully quiet too
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear toolbluetilloo

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our beds and pillows to be delightful. It is also nice to hear that you were impressed with the décor and the cleanliness. I am pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our free hot breakfast buffet as well. I hope that your trip to the Black Hills went well. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Sioux Falls.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed at this hotel on August 31, 2017. It was a very clean hotel with a nice selection of food offered with their complimentary breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to the Outback Steakhouse and also a convenience store, as well as a movie theater, and is also very close to the Interstate for easy access. We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and will do so again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor, and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear M S

Thank you for your business. I also want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review on Trip Advisor. It is great to see that you are a repeat customer. I agree with you that we have a very nice selection on our hot breakfast and that we are also in a very convenient location with regards to the movie theaters, Outback, and several other restaurants. Please let us know if there is ever a time that we can do something to improve your stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very well kept hotel. Wwhich is great for small children learning to walk. ( no small dirt peaces to find there way to the mouth) Nice pool area for small children inaddtion to the pool area for adults. Friendly staff and a great breakfast. I would stay here again if passing through the area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear heatherdunlap30

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is great to see that you enjoyed our pool and our hot breakfast. It is also nice to see that you found our hotel to be clean and my staff to be friendly. I look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in Sioux Falls.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This is a well run motel. Everything worked well, room was comfortable and quiet, breakfast actually had more choices than the typical motel offerings, and the offerings were better than the usual as well. Snacks and beer in the afternoon a nice touch!

Location is easy to reach off of I-229.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. In looking at your comments, I feel as though you have reviewed the wrong hotel. It looks like you have reviewed our sister hotel the Holiday Inn Express SW. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with them.

Matt

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stay at many HIEs when we travel and this was a very nice hotel, very new. The room was very spacious with good lighting and good AC. Plug-ins in bedside lamps, fridge, and microwave. Bathroom was great with a large counter, walk in shower, and quiet flushing toliet. Breakfast is standard HIE which is one reason we stay. Only mark against the place was the staff. Breakfast lady did not seem happy and the 2 guys at the desk were so involved with their computer they couldn't say good bye or thank you. The night check in girl was friendly. Will stay here again though.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Matt B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls At Empire Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry that some of my staff members were not as pleasant or attentive as they should have been. I will discuss this matter with them. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. I hope that the next time you stay with us, my staff members will be better.

Thank you for your business and for your feedback. We will utilize it to improve.