Econo Lodge North
My Place Hotel-Sioux Falls, SD(Sioux Falls)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$130
US$100
US$97
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is an older property lacking proper maintenance. The rooms are clean but dated.
Entrances are trashy and halls smelled of smoke.
The rear entrance door was unlocked and the windows in our ground floor room were unlocked and partially opened. The window was splattered with paint from the last time they spray painted the room. The pillows were hard foam slabs.
Ice machines, and snack machines did not work in the back part of the motel.
Wi-Fi had no connectivity in the rear of the motel. I specifically asked at check-in if the Wi-Fi was working.
The front desk lady was a little testy, having to deal with a lot of problems.
On the plus side there is a Burger King, Arby’s, and Perkins restaurant within easy walking distance. The pool and hot tub are nice.
The Senior rate was $63 however I would try a different location next time.

Room Tip: Check the room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

The EconoLodge is the lower end of the Choice Hotels chain and as such, I don;t expect much. I was pleasantly surprised with how nice this property is.

The staff was very friendly and cooperative. The room was clean and neat and fairly well appointed. My son said the swimming pool was nice. The breakfast room was clean and spacious.

My only real complaint was the lack of WiFi. The lobby computer was down and the WiFi was very iffy. You would have it for 20 seconds then not for a minute. Pretty difficult to accomplish anything that way. The staff knew about it and was having the system serviced on the next Monday morning, so I expect it will work for anyone reading this.

For the price, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CommanderChip
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here overnight on a Sunday. There were only two cars in the parking lot when we arrived. It was nice to have early check in as most hotels do not let you check in until 4:00p.m. We got to our room which was in the back of the parking lot. The door to enter the hotel was not even locked, we did not have to use our key to get into the building. After getting to our room, we noticed the furniture was out of place. There were two desks and random mirrors all over. It just did not flow like normal hotels. That did not bother us as we did not plan to spend much time in the hotel anyway. There were a few hairs in the tub when showering, which of course only took a little bit of water to get off. Other than that the hotel was clean. We went out and arrived back around 9:30 p.m. to about 10 cars in the parking lot. While we were winding down, we kept hearing running back and forth in the room above us. It was so bad! We thought it was kids running around, and came to find out the next morning it was a dog. Why you would put pets on the second floor above another room when many of them are empty is beyond me. We did have an issue with the check out process. There was a knock on the door around 9:45 a.m. that woke me up. I got up and there was a paper on the floor stating my charges, etc. I then went out and smoked a cigarette and tried to get back into my room. The key would not work at all. I had to get the cleaning lady to open the door for me. They had already deactiviated my keys by 10:00 a.m. The cleaning lady (who spoke little english) also made it a point to tell me "Check out 11:00!". I just thought this was a little pushy and rude. After getting all of our stuff packed, we went to the front desk to give them our keys. The lady took our keeps and just said "checking out?". To which I replied yes, and she said ok. She was not very friendly. I just felt like I was rushed out of there.

All in all it was not a bad price for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I was somewhat wary about staying here after reading about the noise as I;m a very light sleeper..We had a 2nd floor room 2 doors down from head of stairs and had no problem.
We got the early check-in I asked for ( 11:30 AM)..the room was ok a little bigger than most Lodges, the bedding was a little on the skimpy side but I brought my own pillow just in case.
The location is in a major trucking area with a big truckstop accross the street but it was safe enough and like I said I had no problem sleeping. We didn't use it but it has a pool & hot tub...nice features for a Econo lodge. My only encounter with the help was at check in & out which went very smoothly.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk up a short flight of stairs stay on 1st floor as they have no elevator
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Average room, clean bathroom, comfy bed. Granted, we were bone tired so the noise complained about in other reviews could not have woken us, but we slept well. Restaurant across the street is very odd but the boys enjoyed the cheese and ham soup. The girl checking us in had a great sense of humour and was super friendly, a genuinely welcome face at the end of a long day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends