“Dirty would not recommend”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #47 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed 23 July 2014

So we should have driven farther into Sioux Falls but chose to stay here. Dirty and scary seemed to be a low budget industrial area hotel. Room was dirty, the shower curtain was nasty, carpet looked bleached out in several areas. Good price but felt dirty. Was okay for passing through only.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CrisM71

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The people who are giving very poor reviews must be used to a lot fancier hotels. I found all of the front desk people to be very nice and helpful. It is one of the cheapest hotels I've been able to find for trips to Sioux Falls. The last 2 times I stayed there the pool/hot tub was still under repair, but the first time they gave me a 'whirlpool' suite for the same price as a regular room. I wanted to stay on the second floor the next time. The breakfast is decent, your regular 'waffle machine, cold cereal, english muffins, etc' type. I didn't have any issues with either of my rooms, clean and running the air cut out the noise - and the hotel was full the second time. I would definitely stay there again when traveling to Sioux Falls. It is on the very north side of town, but with the interstate a block away the rest of the town is very accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank katherine e
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here after getting on the choice hotel website. I was on hold for 25 mins, and the hallways smelled like cigarettes(even i smoke and couldn't stand it), chairs looked like they had blood stains, curtains looked like they had blood splatter on them. I found hair in the bathroom towels. I never got my company's corporate discount. outside doors were not locked, major safety issue...They need to tear down and rebuild hotel...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank jfisher2014
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed here when it was the comfort inn and it has definately gone downhill since then. The pool was broken, the ice machine was broken, the vending machine was broken and not a maintance person in sight. Just 'out of order' signs. Most of the outside doors were not secured and anyone could just walk in. The bathroom sink did not drain properly and it took forever just to wash up in the morning. I could here people upstairs taking a shower and lost water pressure when that happened. The blankets on the beds were torn in our room and our friends room as well. there was some sort of stain on the carpet in our friends room that no one wanted to walk on. I will never stay in this place again and would NOT recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1967buick
Reviewed 25 May 2014

i stayed at this hotel 3 years ago, it was a very nice place. Myself and some friends decided to stay here over the weekend while we were there for an event happening in town. We got there and checked in without any problems, I had extra rooms i needed to cancel, however I wasnt sure how many. So i call the front desk around midnight to ask them to cancel them remaining rooms under my name, the gentlemen said he could not understand me and asked me to go to the front. I went to the front and had to wait while he was finishing up with a guest (no big deal) then I explained I needed to cancel the remaining amount of rooms that needed to be checked in and I never thought it would have been so difficult to explain to the guy. anyways stay goes on and the next night (saturday night) I called down to the front desk to report a suspicious man walking threw the parking lot looking threw car windows (myself and my friends all have very nice cars that we put a LOT of money into and would really appriciate them not being broken into) and the same gentleman was working AGAIN and ONCE AGAIN HE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND ME!!!! (I speak clear english and do not stutter or anything.) so our stay go threw the night and thank god our cars didnt get broken into after the gentleman at the front didnt do anything as he could not understand me. Middle of the night comes and our heater shorted out or something cause the room turned into a sauna and lets be honest who wants to move rooms at 330 am. so we opened up a window as far as we could to vent the room to kewl it down after the unit shorted out or died (not sure which) there was NO screen on the window and around 7am a bird flew into the room! it flew right back out without any troubles thank god it didnt jump in bed with us! then around 9am when we were still sleeping we are woken up by a gentlemen running a lawn mower just standing outside of our window not even mowing! and to top it off HE WAS DRINKING A BEER! if your on the job you deffinitly shouldnt be drinking and especially in front of a guest! so since we were up we decided we would just get ready and leave early, as my friend is taking a shower he noticed some black mold in the bathroom where the wall paper was falling off. when we went to check out i had every intention of paying for the room with cash, the lady didnt know how to take it off my card and make a cash payment on the room! this caused a problem at my bank and I had to pay even more than the room! To top off this stay there is no manager in on sunday (dont blame them) so I tried calling them on monday and I was told the managers were not in, so i call back tuesday and same thing so i left my name and phone number and asked for a manager to call me, an hour or so goes by and I recieved a phone call from i believe it was krystal and she said she was going to try and stop by on wednesday to handle the situation and she would call me back, she also told me that the room i was in was supposed to be down for maintence to be remodeled so how did one of there employees check me into this room? I work at a hotel myself and myself and my co-workers know what rooms are down for maintence just incase there is a fluke in the sytem. wednesday night and no call! I call back both thursday and friday and was told they were not in! DO THESE MANAGERS EVER WORK!?! it is a week later since i checked in and 5 days of attempting to get ahold of these people and nothing! the room was absolutely gross and they are not doing anything about it! deffinitly would NOT recommend anyone to stay here!

Room Tip: avoid this hotel if you would like a good clean room! wall paper was falling off the walls with blac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank winchster l
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We checked in really late at night, and it took 3 tries to find us a room that was made up. The first time we were given keys, and walked into a room that we thought had people in it. After the third time the front desk guy came with us to make sure the room was good. Since we were just there to sleep it met our needs, but the next morning, I heard people complaining that the staff had entered the room to catch him smoking in a non-smoking room, and then kicking them out. Apparently they had just walked into the room. I can't comment, as we didn't have that experience and what I heard was second hand, but just be careful when staying here. Breakfast was awful, stale bagels.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Stopped for the night traveling during Sturgis bike week.

Room was clean, breakfast was adequate, price was right.

I would stay again.

I really don't know hat to say to meet the two hundred word minimum but I guess I can ramble on about why I can't understand why I can't just make a few simple comments and move on.

We were not looking for a five star experience, but did not have to pay a five star price. I hope that is two hundred words.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family