“Our room was okay, but the two-person hot tub was filthy...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Sioux Falls

Baymont Inn & Suites Sioux Falls
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Hay Springs, Nebraska
“Our room was okay, but the two-person hot tub was filthy...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our room was okay, but the two-person hot tub was filthy and we weren't given instructions how to use it. Turns out, the switch for the jets was on the wall, where it couldn't be reached from the tub. We discovered this the morning we were checking out, and complained that the jets didn't work. If we had known about this setup, we wouldn't have bothered reserving a hot tub room to begin with!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank tdierksen
BaymontMGR, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
TDIERKSEN -
I am so sorry that you weren't informed at check in on the use of the Jacuzzi in the suite. Our staff is available 24/7 if there are any questions you might have, and we would be more than happy to assist you. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sioux Falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was concerned upon checkin, the room had a bag of trash, behind the bathroom door was not clean, and the ironing board was stained. Pointed this out to staff and the issues were resolved. Other issues with dog barking was not the fault of the hotel or staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

DN -
I am so happy to hear that your issues were taking care of expediently. I do apologize for the dog barking, we did make several attempts to contact the owners, but it wasn't resolved as quickly as hoped. Hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Chamberlain, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I checked-in on a Friday afternoon after a friend was kind enough to drop me off on his way through town. I was told via the website, “A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided at no charge”, one of the main reasons I booked this hotel and not a slightly more expensive hotel. However, as I was checking in, I was told that the shuttle service was not running on the day I needed until 4pm. I needed to be at the airport early in the morning. So not being familiar with the area I asked how I was supposed to get to the airport, as I had no personal vehicle. The clerks told me that they had an agreement with a cab service to get a discounted fare and gave me the number. I made a call to the cab service, that the clerks had given me at the front desk, and I mentioned the place I was staying at and that I needed a ride to the airport the next morning. They told me okay and gave me the fee and I asked about the discount that the clerks had mentioned earlier. The woman on the phone said that there was no such agreement with the company and that the fee would be full price.

The room was overall pretty good. The bathroom was tiny, but served its purpose. I can’t offer any reviews about the breakfast as I again had to leave early in the morning and breakfast was not out at that time. The staff was unprofessional gossiping about coworkers in front of customers as they waited on service.

Overall, I was very disappointed with this hotel in that they misrepresented themselves and gave out wrong information to their customers. I hope no one else falls into the same trap from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KingsKnight
KINGSKNIGHT -
Very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, please let us know of anything we can do for you, should you stay with us again.
Yankton, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Room was ok..had a dirty towel hanging in the bathroom and hair in the tub, they cleaned our room the next day but no new cups/coffee...coffee in breakfast area was watered down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

TINA W -
I'm sorry to hear there were a couple issues but happy that the housekeeping staff was able to correct them. I do apologize for the coffee, we tried a new brand but it wasn't up to our quality standards and now have an excellent cup of coffee waiting for you on your next visit!