“Great Country Inn”

Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Manhattan, Kansas
“Great Country Inn”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I'm a traveling pilot and I try to stay at Club Carlson hotels as much as I can and this was one of the best Country Inns I've been to. They're close to some good food, local pubs, and a nice river walk. The restaurant in the hotel is okay. I'd go down to Philips ave. for a bite to eat. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast in the morning is pretty standard.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lakeville, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We decided to stop our cross country road trip in the middle of the night, and pulled into the hotel at 3am. Not only did they still have rooms available, but they gave us an unasked for discount since we were arriving so late/early. We realized after checking out that a stuffed animal of our daughter must have been left in the room, causing major distress. We turned around and returned to the lobby where "rose" was waiting with the concierge. A great experience overall, great night sleep to boot.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Spearfish, South Dakota
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I wish my stay here would have been for better reasons, but my sister was airlifted here from Pierre to the hospital there so, I used my points to stay a few nights. This hotel is sort of off of the beaten path, but we didn't have too much of a problem finding it. They let us check in early, and although we didn't stay in the room much, we loved every minute of our stay. We got a lovely view of the water on the back side of the hotel, it was very picturesque! Both hotel and the room were super clean!

The breakfast was fantastic! The french toast was super yummy! :)

For the people saying the front desk staff were not pleasant, I don't know what you are talking about. The girl who checked us in was super friendly, and in the morning when we were making arrangements to stay another night, the staff was also friendly. There was a very nice older gentleman (I believe his name was Doug?) and I was telling him about the reason we were there, and the next morning he made a point to ask me how my sister was and how we were. That really spoke volumes with me. These people do care about you, and we will definitely be back if we have to come to Sioux Falls In the future! Thank you for making a stay that was very hard and emotional, the best it could be! There is a reason I keep coming back to Country Inn's and your property is why!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Missouri
Reviewed 7 August 2014

When I am in Sioux Falls I always stay here. Yes there are cheeper places but not on the river walk that I have watched develop over the years. This is a nice downtown area and the crown jewel Falls Park are connected by the river walk. The hotel is nice and clean with a good continental breakfast. I will stay here again next time I am in town.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this hotel due to the location and was not disappointed---the river walk and closeness to downtown are perfect! The hotel itself is pretty standard, nothing extraordinary but completely adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Burton, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was a very nice place to stay in Sioux Falls, S.D. It is very conveniently located on the river with access to the river walk. It is also within easy walking distance of the two or three renovated blocks of old town Sioux Falls with its lovely sidewalk art work, trendy shops and wonderful restaurants and pubs. The must-see old courthouse museum, Catholic cathedral, and historic governor's mansion are a longer walk or a short drive. The Falls are at the end of the river walk, or a fun ride on the trolley away. The trolley stops just across the river from the hotel. The breakfast was very nice. My only complaint is that the rooms could use more soundproofing. We could hear our upstairs neighbors and their children well into the night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Palmetto, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Not one thing was wrong or needs improvement in my opinion. The front desk clerks were very polite and helpful. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and updated to new standards.I was on a week long trip through South Dakota. This was my last night there. It was the best hotel I stayed at during the week. The others were comparable. But this one, by far, was the best. Especially for the price. Great location as well. I could walk everywhere I wanted to go. I will and have recommended your hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends