All reviews super walmart stayed here full kitchen front desk extended stay hotel nice desk other hotels in the area road noise living room up to date clean rooms would stay here again road trip easy access very nice hotel free breakfast staff was friendly
Reviewed 20 July 2017

My wife and I were in Sioux Falls visiting family for a week and decided to stay here. The price was pretty good and it looked nice and clean.

The hotel was nice and clean. Don't expect it to stay that way though as they only clean rooms once per week. Same with towels..they only give you enough for 2-3 days depending on how many people are staying in your room. With me, my wife and a baby, I had to go ask for more towels and wash clothes 3 different times.

My biggest complaint was the bed. It really was not very comfortable. I had a stiff back most of the week. Also, it was nice having the kitchenette but there weren't really enough utensils to make good use of it.

Overall, the price was decent but there are other hotels in the area for similar prices that clean the room every day and provide breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TJ25504
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear TJ25504,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff were accommodating and our amenities met your expectations. I also take note regarding your comment about our beds and the sleeping quality in our hotel. I apologize if this might have caused you inconvenience.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we would be delighted if you visit us again in the future .

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We stayed a night enroute going west to Yellowstone. Like other properties of this chain I've stayed in, this one is very clean, quiet, and well-run. The site is not its attraction: it is squeezed in between I-29 and a commercial street (across the street is the back side fence of a Menards). However, the street isn't busy, and you are a minute or two from I-29. Rooms are the newer Candlewood design, which means smaller than the old one I have encountered elsewhere. But they are well designed and very comfortable, look more up-to-date than the older design, have plush linens and comfortable beds, and an efficient quite well-equipped full kitchen (except no oven, microwave only), including full-size fridge. All arranged sensibly with plenty of electrical plugs. Internet worked properly and was fast enough. Bathroom is very clean and better stocked than most hotels. The hotel itself was very quiet. Staff was friendly and responsive. We were very comfortable and would stay here again.
Notes: * If you are not familiar with Candlewood, this chain does not serve a free breakfast. If you must have that, stay at Staybridge Suites (same corporate owner) a few doors down the street. Candlewood is usually a little cheaper.
* The hotel is at a right angle to I-29. If highway noise bothers you, ask for a room at the east end of the hotel (away from the highway). I rated the hotel as "average" for noise because the rooms close to the highway are probably a lot noiser than the ones at the other end (where we stayed).

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the east end (away from I-29) if highway noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kayla B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad you had a good experience staying with us and are very happy you enjoyed how clean and quiet our hotel is. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Everything was very clean and in good condition. It was nice to have the kitchenette and also a recliner in the room. There was no oven to the stove but there was a 2-burner stovetop. I tried to use it but didn't know how. I'm sure it would have worked fine if I had called and asked for assistance. There was a large microwave, full size fridge and dishwasher. (see other traveler's pictures or the motel website) There's an elevator so that's helpful. LOCATION WAS GREAT for going to the Zoo and the Butterfly House. There was a Super Walmart within a few blocks so that was convenient when we needed groceries or OTC pharmacy items. It was a ways from the downtown area but very easy to navigate. My only gripe would be the noise from the people above us. First night wasn't bad but the second night was not good. You could hear them walking around (boom, boom, boom, thud, thud, thud). And the second night they came back from somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. and you could hear their heels clacking across the uncarpeted part of the suite. I thought the noise from I-29 might be a problem but we didn't hear that at all...and we were right beside that. This has taught me to request the top floor when I travel. We were in room 311.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor farthest away from I-29.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is right off of I-29. I was worried about road noise but actually they've done a great job keeping it quiet inside. It was the perfect location for everything I needed to get done in Sioux Falls and the front desk had some good suggestions for things I needed to get/do. Would stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Austin G
Reviewed 29 April 2017

Other than the fact its going to snow in late April this is top notch. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean. Not one spot on the carpet and everything looks pretty new. I would recommend this for personal or business. Good job Hilton

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business