“"Pleasant"”

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Cottonport, Louisiana
“"Pleasant"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nice staff working in the bar and restaurant, wonderful drinks and meal at Elements on 8th. the room was very nice, clean, and quiet. We loved the Keurig coffee maker in the room. Located near Falls Park and other attractions.We paid the extra fee for the "river view" and being from Louisiana, we did have a laugh, as the river isn't as big as the bayou in our home town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
2for Tigers,
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown and elements on 8th. We try every day to provide a great hotel, a great restaurant, and great service all around to all of our guests. My wife is from Louisiana so I have seen many of the expansive waterways in the state and won’t argue that they are spectacular, but in Sioux Falls this is one of the nicest views you will find. Go Tigers!

Justin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Contoocook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Wonderful hotel with very comfortable beds and a spotless room/bathroom! Everything was so clean it looked like it had been polished for a showroom! The cleaning staff is to be commended on an outstanding job well done! The only drawback is no complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Montana11173
Janet B,
Thank you for taking the time to post a great review of the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown. Our Housekeeping staff does a great job and consistently is in the top rankings in the Hilton Garden Inn brand. I give them guest feedback and compliments everyday on a job well done. As an HGI we have a great cooked to order breakfast with endless possibilities. Next time I would recommend booking the Bed and Breakfast Package to add it into the price of the room at a discount.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for the 1st time at the new Hilton in Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls was holding their 2nd annual River Fest. IT is held on the newly restored river banks located in downtown Sioux Falls. I have to say what a turn out! Ok back to the Hilton. We had decided last year when the hotel was being built we would book as soon as we could for the River Fest. This hotel has wonderful patios. I'm not talking little patios either. Wish I knew the dimensions. A table that had four chairs was in the middle and then there were comfy lounge chairs. This was a 1 bedroom suite that had a king bed with TV and then in the living room there was a hide abed big screen TV, dining room table and I very neat kitchenette. The bathroom was huge, had a large bathtub and a separate shower. The staff was very personable and their underground parking is very nice and large. It will be wonderful during the winter. Now I hate to ever post a bad review so that is why I started with the good. Unfortunately the patio looked as though it had entertained a bachelors party the night before. No beer cans or garbage, however the patio floor was so disgusting from spilt drinks and beer that my feet stuck to the floor. When I sat down in the comfy chair to look out of the glass railing I could not see out. It was as if they threw their beer/drink at the railing. Could not see out. I wanted to call down to the front desk but we had company stopping by. We decided we would just quickly clean it ourselves:( We also found a bra strap under the dining room table. I think someone did not do their job and would assume that they have an executive house keeper that should have checked these rooms. I am booking again next year and do not feel this is the way Hilton runs it's hotel. I was disappointed but I will give them another try. Beds were awesome and without the dirty patio and bra strap I would give them a ten!

1 Thank honkswife
Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I left a bottle of prescription sleep medication in my room and the housekeeping staff did not turn it in. I know exactly where I left it. Being able to trust the staff is a fundamental requirement fo me when selecting hotels. I won't be back here and you shouldn't stay here either. It's too bad. It is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: The staff was vacuuming hallways at 9:30PM. It was very loud.
4 Thank Kenneth H
Kenneth,

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our Housekeeping and Security department, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Sake travels,
omah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Everything was wonderful the best Hilton Garden I have ever stayed in. The rooms are great love the balcony I really enjoyed sitting out and it was over the river perfect. The bathroom was huge had a separate shower and tub. Separate living room and bedroom also had Krig coffee pot frig micro wave. What can I say it was the best. Will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Karen M
Karen M,
Thanks for your “Awesome” review of the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls Downtown. We will never argue with anyone that says we are the best HGI they have stayed at. This is the experience we want every one of our guests to leave with. We hope to see you again in your next trips up to Sioux Falls.

Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

One of the most comfortable and pleasant hotel we have stayed in during our travels, and the price was very reasonable. Only thing missing was a safe. Numerous outlets to plug in IPads & phones. The restaurant was casual, with good food. The breakfast, though priced at under $10., was well worth the cost. This is the 2nd Hilton Garden Inn we have stayed in during our travels, and wish there was one available at every one of our stops. Hilton Garden Inn is doing it right.

Room Tip: We were right near the pool and were worried it would be noisy, but it was not. We personally prefe...
1 Thank M M
M M,
We are happy that you like the HGI brand and of course us, the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Sioux Falls. Our goal is to make every guest as comfortable here as if they were at home. Since we just opened November 2013 we should be able to accommodate any technology, bandwidth, or power requirements that anyone needs. We are an HGI with a full cooked to order breakfast we strive to make it everyone’s great start to their day! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Sioux Falls.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The facilities were very good but absolutely no service. they even charged for complimentary water until we complained. Totally dissatisfied with the service and the breakfast which we had to pay for. for the room price we expected a complimentary breakfast. we asked and were refused.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michael F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience you experienced. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to Sioux Falls.