“Very comfortable”

Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls
Ranked #23 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The evening receptions and morning breakfast are very nice. The rooms are incredibly comfortable and very well appointed. Location is walking distance to the mall and a handful of dining choices. I would rate it above the average of other Staybridge offerings.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls

Reviewed 6 May 2014

WOW! This has got to be the 1st hotel I have ever been to that had as wonderful of a staff as they do!

First, I went there with my girl scout troop who was receiving their Bronze Award the next morning and we wanted to have a FUN night prior. We booked 2 Suites with 3 beds and 2 bathrooms. At first I was a little disappointed that we didn't get our rooms closer to each other (1 room on 1st floor and 1 room on 2nd floor) but in the end, it all worked out just fine and our rooms weren't really that far apart...just one on top of the other almost and right next to stairwells. Anyways, the front desk people were super friendly. We went down to get more towels and they gave us apx 12 more towels without batting an eye about it. We all went swimming and were the only ones in the poor. was great!

Having 2 bathrooms (1 in each bedroom) was wonderful and saved a lot of time! We went to sleep and I never heard anyone in the hall way walking or talking or anything. Was super quiet in this room. We all went down to have breakfast and they opened up the conference room just for our Girl Scout Troop to have breakfast in. How nice is that!? they had hot and cold breakfast along with different juices, fruit, cheeses, and much more! Was WONDERFUL!

I would definitely stay at this motel again when going to Sioux Falls, SD. We didn't get to utilize the kitchen to it's fullest but did made lotsa popcorn and ate Dominos Pizza!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sdsnowbunny
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our initial one night stay was after a tiring almost nine hour drive down from Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We were warmly greeted by Angel-her parents named her well- and a front counter co-worker who answered all of our questions about the facility and the surrounding city amenities. After checking into our pre-booked suite accommodation, which was equipped with everything we needed and more-we went out for a delightful dinner at a local fine dining restaurant recommended by Angel. The beds were comfortable, and the windows opened to let in some fresh air-great for sleeping! Upon our return trip three night later, we again received excellent service both at the counter and at the morning very good buffet breakfast service, and were recommended to another fine restaurant on the Sioux River where we enjoyed a self designed tapas meal. Upon returning to the hotel after the second dinner out, we felt in need of some mouthwash to tone down the garlic from dinner, and this was cheerfully supplied by the hotel. If we ever come down this way again-we live in Vancouver, Canada-we will be sure to book this same suite hotel!

Room Tip: Get a suite at a very reasonable price and ask that it be away from the elevator, which we always do
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gordon49
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Super room; super staff; very kid friendly; close to everything - could ask for nothing more! We added a Saturday night due to inclement weather and the staff made it very easy to do. Will definitely consider Staybridge again!

Room Tip: Choose the Staybridge!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I will not be staying here again. If you choose to stay here despite some of the bad reviews, do not allow them to put you in room 210. (Identifying information, but I don’t care because I will never be staying here again.) Thank God we were in the room early in the day - early enough to hear and feel the water heater kick in…..the humongous water heaters for the whole hotel were directly next to the wall in this room. It vibrated the entire room and practically made my teeth chatter. I cannot believe they ever place ANYONE in this room. It was ridiculous, and I was so glad we discovered it at 4pm and not 2am. They did move us, which was nice, but honestly, the least they could do.

My biggest problem was the check out. I called in the evening to ask for a late checkout the next day. I was told that we could check out at 12 instead of 11. The next day at 11:10, a maid used a card key to open the door to our room, which we were still occupying. A few minutes later the front desk called and asked, somewhat unkindly if we needed another night since checkout was at 11. I told her that we had arranged for a late checkout. Ten minutes later, that same maid knocked on our door and asked us if we had a late checkout! It was ridiculous. When we checked out, I reiterated to the front desk worker that we had arranged for a late checkout, and she said "Yes, I missed the note. I have a busy day today, lots of check-ins, so I didn't check the notes." It was extremely unprofessional and annoying.

I am sensitive to cigarette smoke, and I could faintly smell the smoke in the second room which we were given.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Burenda C,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our family stayed at this hotel for the weekend. Very friendly , Very clean , and very spacious rooms. Great to have a fridge ! Beds were very comfortable. Would definitely recommend this hotel when staying in S.falls. Breakfast was amazing. Didn't even have to leave for dinner as Ruby Tuesday delivers !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I was here in 2013 for a week for business and it was excellent. I had a wonderful suite with fridge. very clean and friendly staff. The evening socials are very nice touch. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business