“Don't stay just because of a good price”
Review of Red Rock Inn

Red Rock Inn
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Upon entering the Red Rock Inn I thought to myself, "Why was this so cheap?" Lobby looked good. Took quite awhile for someone to show up to help us. Check in was nice. The guy was very helpful and told me to review them on Tripadvisor.
The room sucked. The bed looked original and was one of the worst hotel beds I've ever slept in. The window had a bullet hole in it. Carpet stained and felt gross walking on it barefoot. The pool heater didn't work so it was freezing. When we were there the hot tub worked and it was very nice.
The room didn't have hot water, so that was a really bad experience.
Breakfast was fine.
Next time I'm out that way, I'll shell out another 20 bucks for super 8 or something.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joseph B
There are newer reviews for Red Rock Inn

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is not a 5 star hotel BUT for $61 a night tax included and free breakfast it's fine . Stayed July 27/14 & Aug.1/14 with family [8&15] 15 year old walked to mall across the street , Walmart 5 min. away and both swam in pool . Room not perfect but ok , look as said you can pay more and get better but this place is fine if you are not to fussy . Last there is a strip bar close , I never made it there but next time , will tell wife I don't want to go but I need to so I can write a review .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank len s
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When we first arrived in our room, we were hit with the smell of possibly pet urine and the carpet was stained and dirty looking. After the A/C ran for a short time the smell dissipated. The room actually looked clean other than that. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was quiet so we got good sleep. Breakfast was adequate. It was very handy to have the laundry facility available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Char S
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My boyfriend & I came in while traveling cross country finding this place via a referral from another more expensive hotel nearby. We found the gentleman answering the phone & checking us in to be very helpful, personable and kind. He got our room booked, and gave us directions to be able to find the hotel quickly and easily. He gave us advice on the local health food stores & questions we had. The room was simple but clean. The hot tub Jacuzzi was perfect and clean. We would very much recommend Redrock as a quiet and clean place to stay for a great price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mishel444
Tricia Q, General Manager at Red Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We realize that there are many hotels to choose from, and we
appreciate that you chose to stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel.
We strive to continuously improve the standard of service we provide,
and your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We are happy to hear
you enjoyed your stay with us. We love our quiet location and am glad
that you enjoyed it as well.
Once again, thank you for
your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had my first experience with bed bugs here!! Absolutely disgusting and I have had nightmares since. Luckily I did not sleep in the bed. The infestation was so bad that I noticed a large flat reddish bug on one of the white pillows before going to bed. I lifted the sheets and found more of them on the mattress. I ran out of there as quick as possible!
When I told the receptionist that I wasn't staying here due to bedbugs she did not seem surprised to hear this at all. I was told the manager would call me tomorrow and issue me the refund. It has been two days and no one has called. I will be disputing the charge with my credit card if it is not removed. Stay far away from here. We ended up staying at the red roof nearby which was clean and much better.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Chelsbun

“Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We
truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did
not meet your expectations.”

“Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service
has always been our mission. We have addressed this situation with a complete inspection and have no issues with your claim. We want you to know that
we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors
and want you to walk out the door feeling happy with your stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Photos for this place look great, get here and it is a different story all together! Awful!!! Hot tub broken, rooms look nothing like pics, NOT handicap accessible at all, stains on the covers. Smells are awful, no separation between the smoking and non smoking, hazy hallway. Ewwww. Just gross. Waste of money! Will NOT frequent here ever again! Worst part was we were not even able to get a refund!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bobbyjihn
Reviewed 22 April 2014

we booked this hotel with out know what we were getting into first they gave us the wrong room then the air was out in the first room next room was a little better. there were out of order signs all over this place one in the bathroom in the lobby, the hot tub was broke, the sauna was broke the heater for the pool was broke as it advertises heated pool, there was an exit door that was broke, in the breakfast area the juice dispenser was broke and the only thing hot about the breakfast was the waffles. also there were no screens on the windows and with the windows shut you could still hear the freeway

Room Tip: no rooms in this hotel are good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lucas l
Tricia Q, General Manager at Red Rock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

“Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We
truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did
not meet your expectations.”On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to
exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we
will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure
we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
“Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service
has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue,
and or, spoken with the employee in question. We want you to know that
we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors
and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.”