“Super nice people”

Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center
Ranked #7 of 54 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in Sioux Falls for a medical procedure that my wife was having done. What was going to be a short stay turned into several days due to complications. What made this bearable was the kindness expressed by the front desk at the Holiday Inn downtown. We received a handwritten get well card from the staff. Audra was especially kind and worked with us on a late check out. Thank you for being super nice to us during this difficult time. We will only stay with you anytime we visit Sioux Falls.

1  Thank Roger C

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have visited Sioux Falls four times in the past 11 months and, each time, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn - City Center, because the location is great. I'm not a hotel manager, so maybe I'm off base here, but if I were a manager and someone visited my hotel this often, I might make some kind of nice gesture on her fourth visit. Perhaps a free upgrade for her room or a coupon for a complimentary cocktail or breakfast. Something that let's the guest know you're aware how often she visits and you appreciate it. Yeah. Well none of that happened. Instead, I was given the worst room I've had in four visits. It was just flat-out dirty. I found long hair (not mine) everywhere: on my pillow (!), on the desk, and a couple in the sink. And the space between the back of the toilet seat and tank was filthy! Bleh. I'll be back in Sioux Falls in July—and I won't be staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

IHG has a wonderful frequent guest program named IHG rewards. It is easy to join at ihg.com and points accumulate quickly towards free night stays. The program includes welcome amenities as you gain Gold and Platinum status. There are several brands within the IHG family including: Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Candlewood Suites to name a few that all qualify for points in the IHG rewards program. Regarding your stay, I do apologize that your last visit did not meet your expectations. If you would please contact me before your next trip to Sioux Falls I would like to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is right in the centre of the city of Sioux Falls and the reception and public areas are showing their age. However the room was fine and we were quite comfortable.
We had travelled a long way and ate in the hotel restaurant which was fairly grim. Service slow and staff not very interested. When we first looked in we were not even sure the restaurant was actually open. The hotel was very busy with a wedding and we felt the staff were rushed. Generally we had a good nights sleep but would not make this place our first choice if we were here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed for one night due to its location. The 2 stars are for the friendly desk clerk and the location. We stayed on the 6th floor in a king room with a balcony. The view faced the roof, dumpters and air units. This didnt bother me but the sound of the air units running and cycling all night long did. The door and window are so bad that you could hear everything while in bed. There happened to be an accident right out front and then a second round of cops arresting 2 people from the hotel. My kids were up past 1 am because it was so loud. They really need to update their windows and bacony doors for better sound proofing. We set the air condioning as low as it could go and it was still so warm in the room. I cant imagine how that room will feel when it really gets hot out. I will choose a different downtown hotel from now on as there is just no way I would risk another night of no sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

While I am pleased the staff was friendly during your visit, I do apologize that the outside noise level was an issue. It was a busy weekend in downtown Sioux Falls, but we do have quieter areas of the hotel facing to the North. I hope you give us another chance to provide a better experience with us here in Sioux Falls during your next visit.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Located in the center of Sioux Falls, this hotel is walking distance to shops, banks, restaurants, and the convention center. It is a standard Holiday Inn spiffed up with convention/reception facilities, an indoor pool, bar, Sunday Buffet, etc. The rooms are average in terms of style and amenities; however the facility is clean, the staff helpful and polite, and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive comments. We strive to provide a better than expected experience and move you from an ok rating to a very good review. Please contact me directly when planning your next stay with us here in Sioux Falls.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

this hotel was very nice, but the bathroom was so small that its laughable..........beds were great!!........we prefer holiday inn express as breakfast is include.........very clean hotel and liked the underground parking because it was going to hail.............also the place smells like chlorine from the pool throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We do offer suites and/or balcony rooms with larger bathrooms. During your next trip to Sioux Falls please contact me and we will get you placed into one of these rooms.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'd much rather stay in a hotel in the middle of this town than near the average mall, chain restaurants and busy streets in other areas. This older Holiday Inn is just fine. It was clean, comfortable and friendly. it was close to cafes and best of all, near a walking trail to the Falls. I've stayed here twice now and would do so again.

Room Tip: away from elevators and on an upper floor. Ask for the quiet side.