“Excellent stay”

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minnesota
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Wow! Everything about our stay was perfect! We traveled in one day from northern MN to Rapid City with three children. After that day, we knew we wanted to stop midway on the way home. I am so glad we ended up at this hotel - again! We had stayed here in April 2005. My review then was just as good as this one. We rented two, adjoining rooms this time. Both were very nice, and the room with the king bed was HUGE! It was right next to the elevators, but we couldn't hear them. The best part of the week long trip for our 5 year old granddaughter was swimming at the pool at this hotel. In the morning, all six of our had delicious meals in the restaurant before starting on the journey north. The front desk and restaurant staff were both friendly and very competent. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

At regular posted rates, I wouldn't have stayed here. I was just passing through and needed a bed. I got a deal for less than half of the posted rate, so I couldn't care less that there was no complimentary breakfast. I was on the ninth floor, and there was a strong thunderstorm outside, but I wouldn't have known that had I not looked out of the window. I checked in around 10pm on a Saturday night, and it was buzzing with activity downstairs at a bar/restaurant and some kind of formal party, but I slept peacefully all night. The only person I dealt with was the front desk person, and she was nice and professional. Unfortunately, its not near the interstate and you have to wind through the downtown area, but for the price I paid I didn't mind.

Room Tip: Bypass the outside parking and park in the parking deck, its convenient.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank EvaW145
Green Isle, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We needed a room for the night and decided to use hotwire. This was the hotel we were given. I was skeptical because we've had some issues in the past with another Holiday Inn. This turned out to be one of the most comfortable and nicest rooms we've stayed in. The staff was so nice. They didn't look down on us at all because we had used Hotwire to book our room. The woman who did the check in placed us in a King room with a micro and fridge and a huge flat screen TV. It was on the 9th floor, concierge level. Very quiet, very peaceful and they even had a cold continental breakfast in the concierge lounge the next morning.

The bed was heavenly!! One of the best beds we've slept in at any hotel chain. We asked for and received a late check out. We were able to sleep in because the blackout curtains do what they are supposed to...and the floor was so quiet it was impossible to stay awake. Internet was fast and strong. Really nice selection of TV channels, including three different HBO channels and pay per view movies (we didn't try those).

We enjoyed this room so much, we reserved another night a couple days later, for the last night of our trip. They gave us the exact same room again, and the staff (several new faces), once again, went out of their way to make us feel welcome and very special. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn in Sioux Falls. If you stay here, you won't be sorry and will probably walk away with a smile on your face, just like we did.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask for the type room you need (we requested and received a king bed). The sta...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flowerladytoo
cottonwood, mn
Reviewed 9 June 2014

At 6:30 a.m. We were awaken by a dumpster being unloaded ...then a semi unloading freight...then, another dumpster being unloaded. The hotel was not full and didn't request or need a handicapped room, but we were put on second floor in a handicapped room overlooking the garbage area. We could have touched the trucks from our balcony. We complained about the noise to the front desk, and they said 'Sorry, guys.'

Room Tip: Stay away from the garbage and freight area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
We certainly apologize for the refuse company coming so early in the morning. The normal pickup times are after 10 a.m. to minimize any noise issues. We have reiterated the importance of this for those rooms located in close proximity to that area. Please reach out to me during your next visit to Sioux Falls as I would be pleased to take care of your stay.
Boardman, Ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were driving through and I "price lined" this hotel at a very good rate. We got a nicely appointed king room with a balcony on the 8th floor. The room was clean and well kept. There was a little dampness in front of the balcony on the carpet. It didn't smell.

The pool area is very nice. It's open until 12 but until 10 for children. There is also a nice spa area.

There is also a restaurant. It wasn't nearly as expensive as many hotel restaurants. Check in was easy -- the staff very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I really liked this place - it's a classic downtown hotel at a good price. Rooms are clean and modern, some have balconies. Had a good time in the bar on several occasions - the crowd is lively during the week and the staff is helpful if not overly friendly (much different part of the country, so I didn't take it as rude). It's walking distance from all the downtown stuff - one evening walked to JL Beers for dinner, and usually walked up and down downtown afer work each day. There are things to do in this town if you look for them, and the good stuff seemed to be downtown which is why I stayed here. Good times.

Room Tip: THe balconies are really narrow, so if you have a problem wtih heights like I do, I wouldn't sta...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Scott G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Sioux Falls - City Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Downtown Sioux Falls is an active place full of shops and restaurant options. We are pleased you enjoyed your time at our property and look forward to your return visit.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in Sioux Falls for a medical procedure that my wife was having done. What was going to be a short stay turned into several days due to complications. What made this bearable was the kindness expressed by the front desk at the Holiday Inn downtown. We received a handwritten get well card from the staff. Audra was especially kind and worked with us on a late check out. Thank you for being super nice to us during this difficult time. We will only stay with you anytime we visit Sioux Falls.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family