“Great customer service”

Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Columbia, SC
“Great customer service”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff went out of its way to help me more than once. This would appear to be a hotel that believes in good old-fashioned customer service. Very nice comfortable room. Only drawback was that I hard a hard time figuring out the AC/heat — it seemed to be spewing out either blazing hot air or freezing cold air. And there was no ice bucket.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jlindbrock
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Jlindbrock,
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the customer service we provided. If you experience any issues with AC/heat during your next visit, please contact the Front Desk and they will be happy to send a member of our Engineering Department to fix the problem. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Karen Masterson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Martin, South Dakota
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Although the rooms were spacious and decorated nicely it was very noisy. There are gaps at bottom of doors so noise from lobby/bar flows into room. Staff not as congenial as one would expect for the look of the motel. No one seemed to enjoy serving you. Although using vouchers to pay for rooms, the front desk charged personal debit card for room which was not resolved for four days. No one willing to make it right because accounting had to figure it out. Shower curtain was dirty and Internet was an extra fee.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 1ljh731
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear 1ljh731,
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your recent stay. I have shared your comments with our department managers. I would like to apologize for not providing you with the most comfortable and relaxing stay that we strive to provide each one of our guest. Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Sioux Falls hotels

Seward, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times while visiting family in Sioux Falls. We like the spaciousness of the property and the rooms are nicely done and decorated, with plenty of elbow room.
The hotel was very pet friendly!!
We all (6 adults and 6 gkids!:) enjoyed the very well kept and good size pool on the property, also. The floor in the pool area is REALLY slippery, so be careful!!(Probably needs to be redone to cut down on falls-we had at least 4 or 5!)
This visit was on Easter weekend and my daughters family had their church service in the attached convention center...BONUS!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom T
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear TomT,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that we were able to help make your Easter weekend a great one! I have forwarded your comments to our engineering department regarding the pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back!
South Dakota
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here a week ago on a quick overnight trip. The hotel is modern and clean, and the lobby area is very nice with a little waterfall and quick glass elevators. The staff was extremely friendly and eager to please their guests. Our room was spacious and clean. We only had two towels, but that was okay since it was just the two of us. I didn't do a thorough sweep of the room, but everything I encountered was clean and tidy. The king sized bed was comfortable and we each had two pillows. I soaked in the tub before dinner to ease the pain from riding in the car for twelve hours, and the tub was spacious and clean with plenty of hot water. The only downside was that wifi and breakfast aren't included. That's normal for the Sheraton chain who considers themselves to be upscale, but I still find it to be objectionable. I'm grateful that I used a "name your own price" website to book this hotel because I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price, even thought it's a nice hotel. Also, there was no fridge and microwave in our room. I'm not sure if that's true of all of their rooms, but that's something to keep in mind if you're planning an extended stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mylittlebirdie
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Mylittlebirdie,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms especially after your long car ride. If you find yourself staying in Sioux Falls again, I would like to let you know that we have a small inventory of fridges and microwaves available upon request. Safe travels!
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stay at the Sheraton quite often on my vacation trips and I have to say this is the worst of the Sheratons. Lets begin with the fact that front desk attendants were not the most friendly and welcoming. Second the room didn't smell too good, the carpet was dirty and when we open the night stand's drawers (just because I always do that at hotels) there was trash and rotten food inside it. Too make matter worst, when I was getting ready for bed and I was moving the pillows around I found a black crawling bug on the pillow case. I was mortified but too exhausted to deal with it, so just kicked the pillows to the floor. It gets worse... I couldn't sleep at all, the room was super stuffy and had allergies all night. I just simply couldn't breath and woke up with a bit of a rush on my skin. I don't know if it was due to construction but it was the worst time I've ever had at a hotel. The bathroom tub didn't drain well at all and the towels were rough and smell bad. Maybe I have just been spoiled by other good quality Sheratons.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ivette R
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Ivette R,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience as it plays a major role in our constant pursuit of complete guest satisfaction. I would like to look further into the issues you experienced during your stay. At your earliest convenience, could you please contact me at Karen.masterson@jqh.com and supply me with the details of your stay. I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, very spacious and updated. Everything new. Did not feel like a motel room. Bathroom spacious and well lit. Was nearly the size of our time share in Branson. Restaurant very good. I would highly recommend this facility!! Nice beds with feather pillows and quiet heating system.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mzimmerma
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Mzimmerma,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am happy to hear that we were able to make your trip back from Branson more comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Schleswig, Iowa
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel is connected to the Sioux Falls Conference Center by an enclosed walkway, which is great if you have an event there. I think the ball field is close by too. The staff that we dealt with was friendly; the lobby/lounge/atrium area was pretty with a waterfall, and the glass fronted elevators were fast. Unfortunately there was no continental breakfast included; no free internet in the room; and no coffee in the lobby.
The bed/bedding was comfortable and clean; the room itself was nice enough but definitely needed better cleaning; there were splatters on walls, hair all over the shower and the drain was plugged and slow. There was no microwave or mini fridge; and the bottles of water next to the coffeepot had $3.95 price tags on them which seems very tacky! Other cons are that it isn't very well sound proofed; there were only 2 towels in the bathroom even though when we booked it we expected to have kids with us; and at 8 A.M. housekeeping woke us knocking on the door to clean, then came back again less than an hour later. On New Years Day! For a room that still costs $110.00 with a group rate I expect more.
There is a business center that has free internet; and an indoor pool and fitness center that we didn't see. Mainly because of the lack of amenities at the price I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you were going to the Conference Center and absolutely didn't want to have to drive back to your hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Keri_Fitzpatrick
Karen M, General Manager at Sheraton Sioux Falls & Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Keri_Fitzpatrick,

Thank you for taking time to share comments on your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the less than relaxing and comfortable stay that we strive to provide to every one of our guests. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department managers so the issues you described can be dealt with accordingly. We hope you will consider staying with us again!