“This is the only best option in this area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Sisseton

Super 8 Sisseton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sisseton
Chicago, Illinois
“This is the only best option in this area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

i stayed there 2 nights with my family.i loved the place.everything was clean and tidy.staff were excellent.very helpfull(even didn't accept tip).the management is very good.little expensive but best service.good value of money.spa (i love it) clean,hot.very nice motel.

Room Tip: staff is very good here ask them and they will gives you all information
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mark s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed here for a family function because, like someone else said, it was the best of all bad options. Pillows were hard, as well as the mattresses. We asked for extra pillows when we returned later in the evening, but we were told we couldn't have any because it was locked! They have a cover that they pull down over the front desk window after a certain time at night! Horrible customer service. Breakfast was barely there. I think they are too cheap to put too much out. We could smell cigarette smoke in our room after returning later one night. We could smell someone apparently cooking bacon in the microwave in their room one morning. Pool was cold. Not enough towels in the bathroom either. Plunger left outside our room door! One night we couldn't get back in the front door with our key (it was locked at 11 pm) and pushed the button to call someone. They said try it again. We did-still locked. Then they sent their kid out to open the door for us. No real apology. The whole family apparently lives in the hotel. Never again!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Outahere41
Irene, South Dakota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2011

I checked rates on the internet before we left but did not know for sure how far we would be able to make it so I did not book ahead. The internet quoted 55.96 + taxes. When we got there, we saw the price of the hotel across the street, but decided to stay at Super 8 because it looked newer and the price was close. (to the on line quoted price) When we checked in, I was charged 79.95 plus taxes. I mentioned to the desk clerk that I had thought that the price had been much lower, but since I did not have an actual printout I did not press the point. Once I got home, I double checked and sure enough, their website still showed the price for the Sisseton Super8 as being $55.96 so I called Customer Care and asked about getting a refund for the difference. I was told that the individual hotel had the right to charge what they wanted and that they had no control over that. Personally, I would call that false advertising.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Linda R
Courtland, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

The weather didn't permit us to make it all the way to Fargo, ND as planned one night, so hotels.com found us this room. Cost was about $69 with fees on a Friday night. They had a pool - didn't use it. However, I thought the breakfast (waffles, yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast etc.) was as good, if not better, than we ate at a more expensive hotel the next night. Would stay here again, should we ever find ourselves stuck in Sisseton, SD again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Zbison
Shawnee, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was disappointing. The milk was sour, the bread was stale, the juice machine was broken and the waffle batter was empty. The staff did not seem to care and were hard to find.

Unfortunately if you need to stay in Sisseton, this is the best of bad options. If you are traveling I would look for a motel in Watertown.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Huggable_Wolfie
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

Granted, there isnt much in Sisseton. And in other places, some Super 8''s are nice enough. But you might as well be prepared for this one. The pillows and the comforter smelled of very strong aftershave. The walls are as thin as their towels. The 5 am wake-up call came in at 4.22 am. Breakfast was stale bagels, instant cereal and the ever present waffle. The attitude of the staff was take it or leave it. Overall experience: poor. If I could find somewhere else to stay in a reasonalbe proximity that was built in the last twenty years, I would. And since I have to go there occasionally for work, believe me, I'm looking for other accommodations.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank blackhillslady
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

Great Oasis in the middle of NO WHERE! Very pleasant staff.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank OntheRoadDoc

Been to Super 8 Sisseton? Share your experiences!