“Excellent everything ”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Billings, Montana
“Excellent everything ”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This place and staff was amazing. Due to a major snowstorm, my husband and I were not able to get married at our location. The hotel hosted our wedding in the lobby and was glad to do so. It made our day so special and memorable. Thank you so much!!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Beth S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Due to blizzard 30 hours no electricity, they took my wife and I in as well as family to stay and to hold our wedding. We posted and found minister in hotel, the accommodated fireplace and side room for ceremony. They treated us great with protected dogs and making us comfortable. Thank you staff family and new friends.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Craig B
Southern California
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This was a 3rd stopover of our road trip from So Cal to Wisconsin with stop at Mount Rushmore. Very close to the freeway exit. The room is average size. The furnishing is traditional and acceptable. There's a small refrigerator and a microwave as well. An oversized single sofa completed seating. The bathroom is quite small (see photo) without much counter space. The overall condition clean but may need updating pretty soon.
The dining area is quite compact, you can bump into people as you get your food but Rosemary, the attendant, makes up for the inconvenience. She has amazing customer service. The breakfast buffet, included in the room price, has a small selection. Continental breakfast - oatmeal, cereal (2-3 options), bagel, toast, English muffin, some fruits, yogurt, biscuit and gravy, scrambled eggs, and a waffle maker. Juices and hot drinks. The pool is quite small. Not for laps.
Suggestion to management:
Train managers (especially at night) how to override errors. After driving all day from Idaho through Yellowstone, Montana, Wyoming, I was ready to crash in bed when I arrived in SD at 0500. Apparently my reservation was cancelled although I called before 11 PM the night before that I would be late. The manager that night said she hasn't dealt with something like this in the past but she could accommodate me if I paid up front (again) and be reimbursed later on. I was not willing to do that. Long story short they were able to accommodate me without having to pay twice. I just hope in the future, they offer that option first instead of asking to pay again first even if I would be reimbursed later.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Marshall, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn on September 4th. We arrived very late but were delighted to excellent service when we arrived! We stayed in an accessible room. We were pleased to find a wide doorway into our room and enjoyed that the door opened into the hallway instead of into the room. The room was very clean and spacious, and we look forward to staying at the Fairfield Inn again!

1 Thank Mike O
Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 September 2013

On our way across the country to take my son back to college, we stopped for an overnight at the Spearfish Fairfield. It's in a nice spot of town. We were greeted friendly by the night front desk. The room was clean. Over all an Excellent property, and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Atchison, Kansas
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was the second time that we have stayed at this location. It was fine before and it has gotten better. The rooms are quite and the breakfast is very good. We will stay here again if we are in the area.

Okoboji, Iowa
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We have stayed in many Fairfield Inns over the years and we have rarely had much to complain about. The room was comfortable with a refrigerator which is always handy. The room was clean and well-maintained and the front desk staff was professional. Breakfast was good with several hot choices. In summary, we had an excellent stay at the Spearfish Fairfield.

Room Tip: Coming from the east, take the 1st exit for the Fairfield.