“I couldn't have asked for a better hotel.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
“I couldn't have asked for a better hotel.”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The associates were very welcoming as if I was a family member. Amazing service, breakfast, and swimming pool. The pool and hot tub were the most clean things I've ever been in. I also love the fact that I was able to enjoy my stay with such friendly people.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
billings, mt
Reviewed 15 October 2013

On October 4, 2013, with Interstate 90 and all roads closing, we pulled in to the Quality Inn, in Spearfish, SD. Considering that we would spend the next 48 hours trapped there, this proved to be a lucky choice! We want to extend our complements to Jason and SuAnn, the only two employees who could make it to work. During our time there, these two folks worked the desk, cleaned rooms, provided wonderful breakfasts (with what was available) passing along information, and made friends with all of the travelers there. Everyone was impressed with their work ethic and dedication to making the experience as pleasant as possible. Please forward my review to the management of this Quality Inn. Thank you to Jason and SuAnn!!! Myrtle White, Billings, MT

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2013

PROS - free breakfast, clean, quiet, pool, hot tub

CONS - too expensive, dehydrated eggs for breakfast, problems with shower

I have stayed at this property numerous times. This will be my last. I found a better room at a Super8 across the highway - about $20 cheaper for a place just as clean and comfy if. Or comfier.

Dehydrated eggs?!?! Really?!?! WTF? Stop serving this slop and put some real eggs out there. If you want to serve them then YOU eat them and make my room cheaper.

They boast about the "Q Shower - shower with multiple spray settings...premium bath amenities...curved shower rod for extra room...curtain with a sheer window for extra light". First, the shower head would not turn to any other settings. Second, what are "premium bath amenities"? The soaps all looked like the ones always in the rooms. Third, there was no curved shower rod. Fourth, the "window" is a screen basically, and when I got put of the shower the floor and toilet were soaked. The water went through the mesh and soaked them so badly I had to put towels down.

A very disappointing stay for too much money. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ShawnMacApple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

First time in South Dakota. We were exhausted from the drive checked in really late, front desk was very courteous & helpful. The room was large and clean. In the morning Ashley gave us directions to Mt Rushmore taking the scenic route & it was well worth it, she gave us a map & highlighted the route. The breakfast was great. Everything was clean. Great housekeeping. Excellent staff! Will stay again! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013
Colorado
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The hotel was nice, the pool area was clean and pool towels available, Breakfast had eggs & bacon for low carb, as well as waffles, toasts, muffins, cereals and other carby but good for kids breakfasts. It's not a 4 start facility but it's worth the value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The best thing I can say about this hotel is that the staff were helpful and very friendly. Everything else about this hotel was average, not horrible but not great. The pool was small but clean. The rooms were average. We were in the area after Sturgis and it was hard to find a hotel. This place had rooms so we decided to try it. The weeks we were there I felt the room was overpriced. However, the idea of "supply and demand" was working well that week, so I guess I can't complain about the price since we needed a room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Carson City, NV
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The hotel is a notch above what one would expect expect in a chain motel with nice size rooms, comfortable beds, indoor pool and a decent breakfast. What really sets the place above average and so enjoyable is their staff. To a person they were extremely helpful, informative and available to assist a guest. They answered questions about area history along with suggestions on where/what to do & see. I almost felt like I was visiting with family then staying at a motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends