Days Inn by Wyndham Spearfish(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$111
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$159
US$142
US$139
US$79
US$77
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$250
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$144
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

Super 8 by Wyndham Spearfish(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$132
Best Western Black Hills Lodge(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
US$131
All reviewsbiscuits and gravyroom was cleanpriced hotelshot tubcontinental breakfastpillow topcuster state parksmall poolno elevatorstay there againwasher and dryerrestaurant next doorfront desk clerkpool areablack hillsconvenient locationlong drive
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A tired property best suited for very tired travelers. In reading other reviews, I had to double check to see that I was at the same property. My room definitely needed updating. The bed was overly used, the television service cut out while watching a program, the Internet didn't work the evening I arrived (but did work the next).
Fortunately, I paid a modest rate (about $60), but during the "off season" this is plenty in Spearfish and I am confident I could have landed a better room for the same elsewhere, but I was worn out and ready for sleep. Fortunately.

Room Tip: Check hotels on the other side of the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SeasPlaces
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This was a good motel for the price. The rooms were a bit worn, but clean. The front desk person that checked us in was very helpful. It is a great location to Deadwood and Spearfish Canyon.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This was a very good motel. The bed was comfortable (pillowtop as noted before) and the hotel amenities for the price were superb. One advisor put that the room had an older decor but I did not find that. I thought the furnishings were in good shape and modern/newer in appearance. Maybe the King Suite concept which I used is newer in this hotel though and had been upgrades more recently.

Housekeeping was a bit selective though. There was a grease spot left by a renter before me caused by food or some other substance that was right by the TV. Housekeeping did all the important areas, the bathroom, the beds, the floor, but for some reason didn't spot check the top of the table areas and missed this spot entirely. It was there before me, and it was there after me. The only other thing I didn't like is that the climate control unit was right by the bed so that effected my sinuses a bit because it was constantly blowing on me. The room was pretty soundproof with the windows closed and I really didn't hear anyone around me. If you open the window though to avoid using the climate control unit the sound of the traffic was loud.

They had a good breakfast including biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were a little dry though so you may give it a little try first before going hog wild. Their other selection was good though so it was easy to compensate if the biscuits aren't to your liking. Only a couple of tables in the lobby, but there was a tv area you could sit at or there were tables in the pool area if nothing else is available. The pool and hot tub look nice and well kept but I did not find the time to try them ask. Again for the price this is an excellent hotel. One other bit of non-hotel advice, if you do go and you are on a budget watch out for the Restaurant behind this hotel (had an Italian sounding name and was not affiliated with the hotel). I am sure their food is probably good, but was rather on the expensive side so Perkins is down the road for you.

Room Tip: The King Suite was very comfortable and had partitioned couch/table living area to use. They do not have an elevator so if you have trouble with stairs request the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank alman4869
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed at this motel over Fourth of July weekend. It's a basic budget motel and is located right off the highway and close to chain restaurants. The clerk at check-in was very friendly and told us local places where we could eat. One thing I noticed about her was she greeted everybody who entered the lobby from the outside. I think it was also a security measure, which I appreciated.

The room had older decor, but it was very clean. Like earlier reviews...it's all about the beds. They were amazing. We slept very well and actually slept in. I thought this place was a bit spendy for a budget hotel in South Dakota...but these beds made it worth it.

The lobby is a bit small to handle the peak tourist breakfast crowd. I found the breakfast attendant and morning clerk to be very polite. Not nearly as friendly as the evening clerk, but I have no complaints about the customer service.

This hotel has a long staircase to the second floor. So if you have difficulty navigating stairs, then you should request a first floor room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here one night on our trip through South Dakota. The bed was very comfortable as stated in previous reviews but we were most impressed by the friendliness of the front desk clerk. Check-in was quick and easy and she pointed out all the amenities, specials at area restaurants and nearby attractions. We accidentally left our camera battery and charger in the room and when we called the next day (from 400 miles away), the clerk was again gracious and said she'd mail it to our home. Wonderful customer service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple