“2014 Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spearfish
Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Have been to South Dakota several times and stayed in other parks but this park was unbelievable. Management and Staff went out of their way to accommodate us like we were family. The park was beautiful, grass mowed, clean level concrete pads, nice laundry room big washers and hot dryers, the restrooms and showers were immaculate, there is also a dog park for small dogs and large dogs that is separated by a fence but it is a great outlet for the pets to get exercise as we travel with two yorkies and they even enjoyed it, this campground should be rated with a 12, it is that nice, it is probably one of the nicest I have ever stayed in and my husband and I stayed there for a week. There is a pool and hot tubs that are there if you choose to use the facilities. There is everything you need in the office as far a groceries if you were to get in a storm as they do have storms there and some of them are unexpected. They have a mini restaurant as well that has awesome breakfast burritos and biscuts and gravy, and the best coffee in the world. We definitely will be going back in the future. We just came back from there and I certainly hope people that read trip advisor don't always read the bad reviews as they aren't always true and these come from one bad experience, people that camp usually are prepared for most anything but there is nothing I can say that is bad about this place check it out its great and if you have a larger RVs they can accommodate you, and I'm ready to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank janice w

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Professionally laid out park with concrete pads, multiple dump points on each site to suit any length rig, good internet, cable, spotless restrooms and space between each lot. This is how and RV park should be laid out. The best I have seen in 3 continents. Well done

Room Tip: See the modern world of RV camping
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank edis1
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is in no way a "Resort", the staff is so disconnected from the "corporate management" it's sad. As myself and fellow "resort" guests are still trapped with no food, water, or electricity after 3 days of a snow storm - we see the roads open in the distance and everyone else back traveling. Worried "resort guests" made numerous calls for the past several days to reach out for help and were transferred to "corporate" but received no response. In desperation the police department and fire department were reached out to. Fellow guests did a wellness check themselves on the campers to be sure everyone was at least still surviving. Calls were made to the maintenance staff, and were told to "let THEM know" if anything changes... Don't waste your time, or money. The worst experience EVER! Still to be determined if they will hire someone to help us out of here....

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank YesItsTrueTraveler
Reviewed 25 September 2013

All in all one of our favorite campgrounds. Nice big paved sites. Spotless rest room/showers. Cabins looked nice but we didn't see them inside. Our campsite was long and level. A very nice dog exercise pen. One side for big dogs and one for small dogs. They provided clean up bags which was nice. A suggestion would be a dumpster on the left side (east) looking at the building would make it a lot easier to dispose of garbage. Lots to see and do in the area.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Minutes from downtown Spearfish, SD and off I 90 this is a very nice campground. Beautiful pools and spas with nice cabana areas. Very large long campsites with nice folks and a very complete office/store when you check in.
Deadwood is just down the road along with Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve48Texas
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We did not have a reservation but when I checked the internet a few days before we arrived, sites were available. The gal who claimed to be the manager (I would've fired her) was nothing but rude. Very nice resort but if you like to be treated like a person not an inconvenience then you need to stay elsewhere. It was 8:45 PM when the employee came to close the pool area. When I asked if it was adult time until 11 PM (I was wrong the adult time was at another location) she responded, where did you see that? I'd like to see that sign! Really, this is how you respond to a paying customer? This place has zero customer service. Call them rude is being quite kind.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deana p
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Our stay this weekend was a nightmare! There were thousands of tiny mite looking bugs literally everywhere. In bathroom, towels, bedding, kitchen, etc. Called Don on the after hours #. I was informed "there is nothing I can do, maybe I can get housekeeping there in the a.m. and an exterminator." So, with No other Vacancy in the area, I went to Walmart at 11pm, purchased bug spray and new bedding/towels to get me thru the night. Got very little sleep. Housekeeping came and disinfected the bathroom and put out fresh bedding for our 2nd night. No Exterminator came! As you can imagine the bugs got into those too. Horrible place to stay! Still paid full price of $325.00. Upon checkout I informed the (lady?) I was still not happy with my stay & she seemed surprised and gave me a weak smile and a sorry! KEEP AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spearfish
Best Western Black Hills Lodge
#3 of 25 in Deadwood
Super 8 Spearfish
Super 8 Spearfish
#4 of 14 in Spearfish

Been to Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort? Share your experiences!