Spearfish KOA
US$79
US$62
US$57
US$162
Days Inn Spearfish(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$54
Quality Inn(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$88
Super 8 Spearfish(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
Best Western Black Hills Lodge(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$74
Agoda.com
Bell's Motor Lodge Motel(Spearfish)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$44
All reviewsnew ownersmexican restaurantall you can eatdog parkrv tripnice laundry facilitiesexcellent amenitiesdeluxe cabinlaundry roomrv sitesfire pitcamp storetent campingcable tvwe've stayedcrazy horsewished we could have stayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Was awesome stay, clean camp sites, and rest rooms. Showed up just as they were closing after a long drive from Saskatchewan with a 1 1/2 year old and got awesome help from the lady. Would stay again in a heartbeat. Thank you to the lady who stayed to help.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We came down from Alberta and had booked a different campground in January. We were very unhappy with our first choice and came to the KOA. We were very fortunate to get a spot....someone had just left and we came in...very lucky indeed!! We had great service and a lovely spot that was shady...quiet...and clean. We would definitely come back here again!!

Room Tip: Bathrooms are older and busy...if you have full hookup I would recommend using them :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The stay at the Spearfish KOA was doomed from the beginning. Reservations told me there was no executive spots available, (Understandable). Requested a double wide location on the end of a row. Was told I had one reserved. Got there, we were three rows from the end. Had to use a fire pit across the road because one was not available on our campsite. WIFI did not work at our site, Had to go to the restaurant or a picnic table outside the office to get reception. The facilities were small and tight for showers and restrooms.

The campsite given us was clean, shady and nice. Just not what I wanted or requested. Had I been told by reservations that what I wanted was not available, we would have gone to the Devils Tower KOA instead.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you wanted before signing the paperwork!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank M X
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Beware of the maintenance man / owner / watcher of the grounds........what ever he is........he drives a dirty white golfcart. This place is like no other KOA facility I have ever experienced...... I asked him if he was a security guard because of his weird stares and glares from across the campsites which made me feel like I was in a prison camp or something........ and he said "no.......I run this place" I will never ever consider spearfish KOA.
This KOA is outdated in many ways.....laundry room, restroom and dude that "runs this place".

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank hambone11111
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My family just stayed 3 nights at the Spearfish KOA, and I'm happy to report that we saw no traces of the behavior previous posters have reported from the campground hosts. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Upon our arrival, the guy came over and greeted us, pointed out several things in the area to do aside from the obvious attractions, and even brought us his own personal fire ring with a large stack of firewood to use free of charge.

The campground was a great place to make our home base for exploring Devil's Tower, Sturgis, Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the DC Booth Fish Hatchery, Spearfish Canyon and more. We were just minutes off of I-90 while still being secluded and quiet. There was a good Mexican restaurant within walking distance, and we were within a few minutes' driving distance of several other places.

We had a large pull-through site with plenty of space between us and the neighbors, and plenty of space for an extra car to park. We had a nice, big shade tree and a picnic table, but no fire ring. Only a few of the spaces had fire rings, I suspect because the winds are very high and often there are fire restrictions. The bathrooms were clean and had plenty of hot water. The laundry facilities were a bit overpriced, but nice to have the option after being on the road for several days. The pool was nice, clean and warm.

Overall, we had a great stay and thought this was a great place to base ourselves to explore all that the area has to offer. We thought the grounds were nice and the staff were friendly. If out this way again, we'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family