“Best place for coffee in Spearfish!”

Green Bean Coffeehouse
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Spearfish
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Spearfish, South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place for coffee in Spearfish!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I've been to many places in Spearfish and tried many a cup of coffee, but the Green Bean is the place to go! I have tried both the regular brew and the specialty iced coffee blend called "Big Train" and both were phenomenal. The atmosphere is cozy and there is lots of seating -- go inside and order, when the drive-thru peaks, you could be waiting ten minutes or more for your order. If I had one recommendation, it would be to provide more of a creamer variety for the regular brew coffee. When I was there, only plain creamer and raw sugar were offered as mix-ins. Otherwise a fabulous choice, I will return again soon!

• Visited July 2014

Dublin, Ohio
“Wonderful lunch!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

On a recent trip to South Dakota, my daughter and I happened upon the Green Bean for lunch. I am so glad we did. The food was VERY good and the prices reasonable. The atmosphere was quaint like sitting on a friend's porch or in their kitchen. We both had a panini and both were great. I would certainly stop here again.

• Visited June 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Tasty lunch”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Relax on the porch while enjoying a hearty sandwich. Many coffee choices and coffee specialties are available as well as refreshing frozen and iced beverages. Make sure to stop in next time you are in Spearfish.

• Visited April 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota
“GREAT!!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My wife & I rode the Harley to the Green Bean for our first visit, We both had the special where you get a half sandwich and a cup of soup. I had half of a Reuben and a cup of chicken pot pie soup, my wife had half of a roast beef and a cup of corn chowder. Both were excellent! We see now why this eatery is rated so highly by our Tripadvisor reviewers. We will be back.

Visited April 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Lovely Local Favorite”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Green Bean is a coffeehouse and sandwich place with a lot of charm. They have two locations - I've also been to the one in Belle Fourche and it's similar. The service has always been friendly. They have beverage loyalty cards - buy ten get one free. There are a lot of varieties of paninis and wraps. My mom got the panini that had apple, bacon, and cheese with it, and it was delicious. I usually get coffee but have also had their veggie wrap, which is pretty good and packed with veggies, and all their sandwiches come with chips and a pickle. The atmosphere is one of the best parts - outside dining on the patio surrounded by trees. Inside it is a converted house so there are different rooms you can sit in. I always ask what the coffee special is, getting lattes with different flavor combinations. There is a drive-through, which is great for picking up a coffee. They're open later, I think to 8 pm right now, so you can get their stuff for dinner too.

• Visited September 2013