“Best meal in Spearfish”

Cheyenne, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal in Spearfish”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We traveled around the Black Hills for 11 days and had many different meals at many different kinds of restaraunts. This was the only one we kept talking about and dreaming about! So wonderfully delicious. The atmosphere itself was surprising and beautifully quaint. If we were going to eat at the same place again, it would have been Dough traders. It has to be good if you keep thinking about it! We almost drove 45 minutes out of our way on the trip home just to take home a pie. Great staff, great choices, and really good Ciders to wash it down. We cannot wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Fresh! Tasty! And King Leonidas!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were staying in Deadwood for the Mickelson Trail Marathon but had to go to Spearfish because we wanted to see Spearfish Canyon. We were mesmerized by the beauty of Spearfish Canyon and the waterfalls therein. But it was supper time and we were hungry! I had read good things about Dough Trader Pizza Company and was delighted to find it when we left the canyon.
The staff was friendly and attentive. Although I am usually not a meat-lover, we had to try the "King Leonidas" because that's our dog's name and he is a great dog. And this is a great pizza. "A triumphant merging of red sauce, blended cheeses, grande pepperoni, and fennel-infused sausage"
Fennel-infused sausage is delicious. The crust is just the right amount of crispy and chewy. All in all, a delicious craft pizza.
I paired the pizza with an 11th Hour IPA from Crow Peak, a local brewery. My husband had a soda.
Dough Traders is worth the trip to Spearfish. Bring cash because they don't accept credit cards. This is on their website, so we were prepared. They also advise you of this before you sit down and they have at ATM machine.

• Visited May 2014
Stephenville, Texas
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We found this pizza restaurant in Spearfish and what a find it is!!!! Outstanding salad and pizza with great service!! We will be going there again! Must try if you are in Spearfish!

• Visited June 2014
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Love love love”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

So unique as far as seating goes. Very interesting pizza choices and also have the build your own. Great food, awesome servi.ce, very cozy place. I would definitely come here again.

Gillette, Wyoming
“Wow”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is the coolest pizza joint I have ever been to. The family had a great time. The service staff were some of the nicest and most attentive people I have ever encountered in a restaurant setting. We had the Americana and the humble pie. The flavor profile of the Americana slapped my taste buds so hard with the heavenliest, most unadulterated taste of the purest cheeseburger taste I have ever known. I vote the Americana the official cheeseburger of America and Puerto Rico. The humble pie was devoured by the kids so fast, unfortunately I was not able to sample a piece. They ate it at such a fierce veracious steady clipped pace that I was scared to throw my hand into the ring. The crust is usually left behind at other pizza establishments but not here. It was collected up like an IRS agent trying to get a promotion by one of my sons and was devoured within seconds. We left that pizza joint feeling inspired. Smiles and happy bellies dominated the landscape. We'll be back, i swear we'll be back.

3 Thank papapunchpuppy