“careful where your room is”

Hampton Inn Spearfish
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Spearfish
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Don 't stay on the rear side of the hotel over the pool area. They have a dehumidifier A/C unit that is tremendously noisy with high speed fans. Might as well been at the airport. Otherwise, the hotel is well located but does have a limited parking area since there is no parking down one side and across the back. There were pickups and trailers taking up a lot of room.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Spearfish

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent 13 days traveling from Pennsylvania to Montana and home again. By far one of the best overnight experiences. A brand new hotel conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurant options.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My experience was extremely poor and I was very upset!! When I went to check-in I asked the price per night. The little girl at the desk said $99 Which sounded so reasonable I repeated it back to her - $99 right? – and she said yes. So we had a verbal contract that was the price and I believed her. Then I gave her my cc which she needed back 4 times checking me in and back out again before she Finally got the room booked. This took some 15 minutes maybe and I was in terrible bad need Of the rest room while all this was happening. When she finally got the room to go through there was no Mention of a rate change and I was in a hurry to get to the rest room. I didn’t look either. The next morning when the bill came I was in for a really big surprise. $250 for that one night!!!!!!! I was VERY UPSET. I showered and went downstairs to talk to the manager about it. The manager was not interested In how I arrived at my dollar value – only what the room really does cost. I understood where he was coming from But he wasn’t listening to me at all. I had an understanding I confirmed when I arrived and I was lied to About the real rate. The manager was not in any sort of mood to discuss it and was very irritated back at me. This was a horrible ending to my vacation and a rip-off only in that my understanding was one thing and the reality was Something else. I was misled by the check-in clerk. She was incompetent and this cost me dearly. I’d like you to consider a rebate of that bill this one time down to the $99 + necessary and normal taxes for that area. I drove from Spearfish to the Devil’s Tower in Wyoming and then all the way home to Prior Lake MN later that day Because I couldn’t afford another hotel bill like that on this trip! The bill is at home and I can get it during lunch today to send you a scan of it.

2  Thank Kurt W
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were absolutely stunned by the size of the room! It was huge! The beds were great, there was a sofabed, the breakfast was fantastic, my kids absolutely loved the pool area, and everything was very clean and nice! We were extremely happy with our stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The rooms in this hotel appear to be all mini-suites., Lots of space with a sofa, easy chair, plus
a desk and two huge beds. Nice business center on first floor, and nice laundry facility on 2nd floor. Make sure to take quarters with you to the laundry room as there is no money changer.

Nice breakfast, great variety and plenty of seating space for hotel guests.
Plenty of free parking. Adjacent to Walmart (behind hotel). Gas station on east side,
This was the most expensive Hilton hotel we stayed at in the Black Hills area. Stayed July 24, 2013

Room Tip: The rooms on the front of the hotel look across the parking lot. The rooms on the backside of the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

hotel was nice but under construction and reservation was lost...not seen or found on arrival. Breakfast was disappointing. Selection of food was poor and not readily available. Location of hotel is good and will look very nice when the construction is done. Folks doing the construction were a bit rough on the first glimpse too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Awesome staff and very nice for the money. Well worth it and a great place to visit!!! Spearfish Canyon is awesome and very close to this Hotel's Location. Deadwood is also a great place and is only 10 to 15 min. away. I must say I travel quite a bit for work and stay for 3 weeks at a time each time I travel and even though tere is no place like home this Hotel made it a lot easier than other Hotels I have stayed in. Thanks for a great stay!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spearfish
Best Western Black Hills Lodge
Travelodge Spearfish
Travelodge Spearfish
#8 of 14 in Spearfish
Hampton Inn Deadwood at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort

Been to Hampton Inn Spearfish? Share your experiences!