“Good clean motel. Wi-fi did not work actually had to...”
Review of Days Inn Sturgis

Days Inn Sturgis
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Sturgis
Reviewed 10 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 8 October 2012

The newly hired girl at the front desk was being trained the day I arrived. I found her attentive,polite and curtious. When she found out WHY I was staying there she was very supportive. It was extremely appreciated at the time, as I had no family locally to offer moral support. What a wonderful choice in your suppport staff. When I checked out she was also very warm without being intrusive & made it clear that I was welcomed back should I need another nights stay. Bravo! Customer care at its finest. Thank you Days Inn for a wonderful experience in a difficult time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Looking for an unsanitary place, go here. Looking to have your personal property stolen, go here. Absolutely the worst option available to you. Cleaning is sloppy and minimal and the management condones the theft of articles from guest rooms. Spend a few dollars more and enjoy Sturgis rather than having a bad experience here.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank badgerthomas
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Booked room on Kayak where I wasn't aware of the hidden charges yet to come. I chose the Days Inn as it was $35-40 less than the next step up. We do this trip once a year for the past 8 years and have stayed here before without incident. We were riding in on bikes and just needed a simple place to sleep after a fun night of enjoying your neat little town, nothing more.

When I checked in, the front desk lady asked how many were in my party. I advised 2. She told me there was an additonal charge for a second person. I would have chosen a different hotel if I was aware of this. They have a sign at the front desk that tells you there is an optional charge for a safe that will be added to your room. I asked that this be removed. She became visably irritated that she had to change the charge. She told us that she would need to come up to the room to disable the safe - just to make sure we didn't use it. She was not friendly or welcoming at all. Room had a flat screen TV - that was unexpected.

When we came back later that night, we were going park our bikes along side of the covered entrance. In the years past, bikes were parked all over the covered entrance. The night audit lady was out there and she told us we could not as it was a fire lane. We parked elsewhere. I headed to the tiny casino across the parking lot for a while. When I came back, I saw a car parked in the fire lane. The night audit lady was leaned up against it smoking a cig talking to another person. I confronted her on this and she said it was the "bosses" car. I couldn't believe my ears. Completely unprofessional.

Breakfast in the morning was a complete joke. Options were a slice of bread and old Hostess Donuts.

As I mentioned, we have been here before in the past without incident, I am guessing the "new management" and new "nickel and dime" policies might be to blame. We will be back to Sturgis. We absolutely will not stay at the Days Inn. It is likely the cheapest hotel but for just a little bit more, you can stay at a place that will probably have a classier/more professional staff.

Room Tip: If this is your only hotel option, maybe consider camping?
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank grach821
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Front desk was very friendly and welcoming. Rooms outdated. Furniture worn out. Very thin walls/floors. Could hear the toilets flush, showers run as if they were in our room but it was the surrounding guest rooms. The pipes are LOUD even in the corner suite. Location was great but would not recommend this to a friend.

Room Tip: Corner suites are in corner but still very loud, not recommended for the extra charge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

When we walked in to this Hotel. The Front Desk Clerk, even without asking knew we needed a Ground Floor with not to much walking...She showed me the HC room and the room were staying in, which we chose because of 2 beds.
Comfort of Room was Clean..Beds were comfy...Breakfast ended at 9am and was all carbs...
Were staying here 2 nights which for what we need in Sturgis is ok.
No Micro or Frig in Rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Top floor smelled like cigarettes and body odor. Main smelled like mildew. We went out and bought air fresh for our room. Staff wasn't the friendliest but the maids did a good job. No spa like advertised. Seemed to be real empty and now I know why. I don't think they fixed up the place since the bike rally. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
Best Western Sturgis Inn
Super 8 Sturgis
Super 8 Sturgis
#1 of 4 in Sturgis
5 mi away
No Name City Luxury Cabins & RV, LLC.
Days End Campground
Days End Campground
#2 of 13 in Sturgis

Been to Days Inn Sturgis? Share your experiences!