“Love this place!!!”

Iron Horse Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgis
Iron Horse Campground
Reviewed 12 August 2014

WE came to Sturgis for our first time this year. We decided to stay at Iron Horse because of the pricing and it looked like it was fairly quiet. We stayed two nights at the end of the rally. Great views, the only downfall was there are no trees. The food it great and the beer is priced well. Da Bus picks you up inside the camp which i thought was very helpful. The staff was awesome, the helped us out when our tent blew over during the storm and gave us a dry bed to sleep in. I will be staying here again!! If you are trying to sleep in a tent make sure you bring ear plugs sometimes the bikes get a little loud.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jlovato23

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The camp grounds was in a good location. Had good shower and bathrooms. Only down side was no trees, but an excellent view of Bear Butte. The staff was friendly and there was no attitudes on the camp ground. A good breakfast at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank RTWorld
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I spent about 7 days camping in my toyhauler at The Iron Horse Campground. It is situated between the very scenic and spiritual Bear Butte State Park and the wild Broken Spoke Saloon, both located north of the campground on SR 79. If the Buffalo Chip is too crowded and too noisy, try the Iron Horse. At night, I may have heard a few bikes after 2am but nothing like inside Sturgis or at the Chip. I camped there when there were approximately 20 RVs/campers in tents. By the time I left, there were at least 200 campers and RVs and even more tent bikers. There is a clubhouse that serves pretty good biker comfort foods and the beer you need to wash it down. At night, there's biker revelry with adult entertainment. Not for the kiddies but I'm not sure if I seen a kid during those 7 days. “The Bus” picks you up and drops you off at major bars like The Full Throttle Saloon (about 2-3 miles away) and downtown (about 5 miles away). It was very useful. At night, back at the Horse clubhouse, there was a band and a "beauty contest...biker style!" I met people from all over the world and many repeat customers. There are water/electricity hookups, a laundry, a bath-house (3 showers, 3 toilets-men’s side) that gets crowded but not at the end of July. This campground is where Gen Custer must have slept at, gently rolling hills like the Horse. Beautiful sunsets every night and cool, some nights cold temps. I think one July night, it was about 49 degrees.

The girls who cook the burgers and chicken are very nice and the place was owned and run by Richard. Expect dusty conditions but very friendly campers and it's off the spur from The Buffalo Chip so traffic getting into The Chip was actually no problem. The local police and State Troopers are there to keep you bikers level headed and doing the suggested speed limit of 35. I might stay there again this year but will definitely have an RV with a workable shower

Room Tip: I stayed literally right on Highway 79, not within the sea of trailers. Ask for the road and put up...