“Fairly decent buffet most of the time”
Review of Pizza Ranch

Pizza Ranch
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Sturgis
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I have served as a secret shopper for the past several months at this one. Most of my critiques have led to improvements, such as fresher salad and hotter coffee. The pizza on the buffet is pretty decent most of the time. However, on my last shop, I had myself and 7 visiting family members. It wasn't that crowded and the pizza on the supper buffet was rather old. Even with a group of 8 chowing, they didn't take the hint and ante up quicker pizzas on the buffet. Maybe the noon buffets are better. I think their main problem with the suppers is their senior employees take off at 6 p.m. in the middle of the buffet time and the youngsters are in charge for the rest. Some are good, but the cooks are definitely not motivated. And yes, it does seem a little dark and dingy in the evening.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We visited Pizza Ranch during our stay in September 2011. The food was pretty unimpressive. The pizza was especially dissapointing - cold, chewy and had probably been sitting for a good hour (pretty sad considering this is supposed to be their bread and butter). The rest of the buffet items were just ok, nothing to write home about. The atmosphere was dark, dingy and depressing - no music playing, just the sound of other people eating, very strange. I would probably not return here unless all of the other restaurants were closed...maybe not.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

While you can order individual pizzas from the ordinary (pepperoni) to their own recipes, the draw seems to be the buffet which was about $11 and included the drink.

The salad bar was fresh even at 7:30 and they have approx. 7 different pizzas out to choose from and you can make your own requests. The Cheese sticks are AMAZING and if I would have discovered these the first trip up there that is probably all I would have eaten.

Fried chicken, barbque chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade chips, veggies and rolls. For dessert there is dessert pizza, ice cream and pudding.

I know I am missing other foods that were on the buffet as they had quite the selection but it is safe to say even a finicky eater would find something.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Great food for the price. Employees are very nice and did everything possible to make us happy with our dinner. Thank you all.

Reviewed 13 January 2011

I called in an order and the girl on the line was courteous and helpful, told me my order would take 15-20 minutes. Arrived at the store 20 minutes later, paid for my order and the cashier told me my order would be ready in about a minute...no problem right! I sat in the waiting area for 30 minutes watching customers come and go with their to-go orders before I finally went up to the kid at the counter and told him I had been waiting for 30 minutes and asked if they forgot my order? He asked my name again, went to the window brought my food over as if it had been there the whole time. So what gives, am i just that forgettable sitting in front of the register waiting for my food? I wrote in a complaint to the Pizza ranch website weeks ago and still no response, so this is my only avenue to vent.