“Kinda cool”

Full Throttle Saloon
Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Sturgis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: World's Largest Biker Bar is the number one blue collar biker bar in the United States. Everyone is welcome, but it's well known that factory workers, construction workers and any kind of guy who busts his butt and saves his money all year is gonna be welcome at the Throttle. We get about 15,000 people a night. They go through a lot of beer. We get two tractor trailers full of beer delivered every night of the rally. The beer companies know by now that there are so many motorcycles clogging the roads, they can't send trucks during the day, so they come after 3:00 AM, when the bars have closed.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Kinda cool”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped in just to say we have been there. Probably wouldn't go during rally as it's not our style but it was fun. Front bar was open and we bought some way over priced t shirts. :) our kids got to see the throttle fire truck and walk around the front area. Staff was very friendly.

1 Thank bassetlover1119

Calgary, Alberta
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 367 helpful votes
“Never get a call back.”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have tried for 3 years to book a cabin here for the Sturgis Rally!!! I have phoned and e-mailed numerous times. I have given more than a year in advance of the next rally and I have NEVER got a reply to my calls or e-mails. I have stopped in several times during the rally and there is never anyone to talk to me about cabin rentals. It appears to be a great place to party, but as far as the accommodations are concerned, the people looking after the cabin rentals should be fired! I've stayed in quite a few places in Sturgis during the rally and I have always got responses to call & e-mails immediately. Apparently the cabins are here for decoration as it seems impossible to rent one! I guess I'm staying somewhere else again for the 75th, cause I still can't get a call back!

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Paulin_Family
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A must see”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Add this to the list of the First bar you have to visit in Sturgis. Forget about the show and walk around and see all the different signs and memorabilia hanging around. The bartenders are hot and there is always some sort of show goin on. The drinks are reasonable and bartender's are fast .

1 Thank BELLYWOPPER
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Bucket list”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great time! A must for any rider. Surprisingly it was a very chill crowd. I concurred my fear of heights by zip inning across the crowd. The moonshine shots are a must. The entertainment is top notch. Bucket list - check!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Christine M
Greenwood, Missouri
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Grab a beer and look around”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Of course with having watched the TV show for years, when we were passing Sturgis, I just had to pull off the road and see if this place was open. This was a couple weeks before rally mind you, but only the front bar was open. The donkey was out front and you could see him. You could belly up to the bar, have a beer, and order food if you wanted to (basic items). There was a lot of merchandise you could buy, and yes, it is expensive, but they had a cheap area of a few items as well. If you want to say you've been there, go and get some pictures taken. It's only a few miles off the main highway.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Brian G

Been to Full Throttle Saloon? Share your experiences!