“It is the best campground in sturgis!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shade Valley Camp Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sturgis
Shade Valley Camp Resort
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“It is the best campground in sturgis!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have stayed at other campgrounds and Shade Valley is by far the cleanest and best run campground in the Sturgis area. The bathrooms are clean and plenty of hot water, thanks to the cat diesels keeping up the heat. The crowd is a more quiet middle aged crowd so no burnouts at 3 in the morning after the bar closes. The noise level at night is low and very acceptable, not like other campgrounds I have stayed at in the past. It is only 10 years old and it shows the place is well kept and still looks new.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank urfunsune
ShadeValley, General Manager at Shade Valley Camp Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Shade Valley. The staff works hard at providing the best service and upkeep to help make every guest's a memorable one. We are really looking to next year's rally which should prove to be a great one to attend!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Emporia, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at the Shade Valley Camp resort for bike week and loved it!! Clean showers, clean restrooms, great cafe on the grounds, camp store, great bar on the grounds!! The food was good and surprisingly cheap for bike week. They cleaned the showers and restroom multiple times a day and even on muddy rainy days they were doing better than expected. They have cabins, RV full hook ups, RV partial hook ups and rough RV sites. They also have tent sites with electricity and rough tent sites. The crowd is slightly more subdued so you can sleep at night. I tent camped and barely noticed people coming in late because they idled their bike into camp as quiet as they could. Much better than other camps where they party till dawn neighbors be damned.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank crbarbe
ShadeValley, General Manager at Shade Valley Camp Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review! We hope to see you again!
san antonio, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overview: This was my first Sturgis experience, and I'm exceptionally satisfied with my stay at Shade Valley. My traveling partner and Army buddy had stayed at the Buffalo Chip a few years prior, and he said he wished he would have stayed at Shade Valley. The Chip is the noisy, no sleep, partying place to stay - if that's your goal. We rented a two person cabin at Shade Valley - two single beds (with air mattresses), and A/C.

The Good: The cabins are small (about 10'x12'), but I can tell you it was plenty big for the time we were there. It was nice to be in a cabin when it rained. This facility is very well maintained. It's a newer facility as well. I think someone told me it's about 9 years old. Very nice gift shop and a great bar (Eye Candy Saloon). The bathrooms are very clean and very nice for a campground. I waited about 5 minutes one day for a shower, but that was the only time I waited (peak morning time). People who stay at Shade Valley are very respectful. Yes there is a lot of motorcycle traffic (it's a motorcycle rally!), but not a lot of revving and noisy behavior. People partied, but not once did I awaken to some drunk buffoon yelling or riding around the camp ground wreaking havoc. The bus shuttle service is great. You can get anywhere in Sturgis from Shade Valley, which is about 8 miles east of town. If you decide to drink and ride, you'll pay the price. Take advantage of this service!

Things that could be better: I'd like to see more bus times. The busses come every hour on the hour; however, that bus (#2) takes you to a transition point where you can catch another bus (#5) into town or walk to the Full Throttle Saloon. The busses from town run comparable times, so you're basically on or waiting for a bus for two hours (coming and going) if you go to town. Adding another route would help tighten the times up a bit and give people more time at events.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Rooms
5 Thank Alamomann
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again!
Spring Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed at Shade Valley Camp four different Sturgis Rally Weeks. I usually stay 5 nights or more. I ride in from San Diego, California, once on a return ride from New York State. Every year the place is better than the last. I really like the way they take care of the showers and the hot water for all the people there. In 2009 I met the owner of the place and he explained how they CAT diesel powered generators and the boilers to make so much hot water, These guys actually know how to do it.
They now have the Eye Candy Saloon, the Mechanical Bull, decent bands every night. I usually do no take the bus which they have to do to the Full Throttle at night as it easier just t stay put. Also we tend to meet others there who are like myself, repeat customers to Shade, so I will definitely go there again.

Room Tip: There is camping with RV's and full hook ups all the way down to guys like me a man an a motorcy...
3 Thank BigBen56
Thank you for your review! We hope you come back again!
Hamburg, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This place was awsome!! we arrived about 10pm all the way from Buffalo NY.. and had to set up in the dark but was chapparoned to our site bye a nice kid on an ATV who was very helpful.
Once we got settled in it was off to the Eye Candy Saloon for some much needed beverages.
Following morning we had the breakfast buffet..(very good) then off to full day of riding,sightseeing...repeatx4 with a great band in the evening to sit and relax, party to b4 shut-eye.
Unfortunately the 4th day my brother in-law went down in front of me at Custer State Park and I followed as well (had no choice) aside from some road rash and bruises we were okay. He wound up totaling his bike and I had mine completely re-done.....Long Story long SRY...
George and the staff were so accomadating and helpful.. Had bikes towed to Shade Valley and George put both of them in safe storage for us and dealt with Insurance Co because we had left by then...They certainly are true proffesionals by reasuring everything would be handled without any worries on our part...I will never stray from this great stay and can only recommend
SHADE VALLEY certainly a cut above!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
      Rooms
7 Thank jfs60
Thank you for your review! We hope you come back again!
Overland Park, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I did a lot of looking at campgrounds online and chose Shade Valley based upon lots of good reviews. I was traveling alone to the 2013 Sturgis Rally and I was interested in a place where I could be comfortable that was reasonably close. The campground is immaculate and all the staff were great. The availability of entertainment and food was a plus. I tent camped and had plenty of nice shady spots to pick from. I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Only thing I would do different next time is get a tent campsite with electricity as it was tough to...
3 Thank KC-Gordon
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again!
Victor, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Based on the reviews I decided to try Shade Valley and was not disappointed. I arrived for the rally a few days early and got a great shade camp site far enough away from the crowds. With that choice I did have to either ride or walk a fair distance to the showers and even farther to the main lodge, but that was a good trade off. The bar on site is convenient, but dont expect the energy you will find at the Throttle or town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The dutch oven meals where great. The bathrooms and showers are some of the cleanest I have seen in all my years at Sturgis. The down side is location and access to town and all rides in the area. The resort is located on hwy 37 about 8 miles past the Chip, so you have to go thru the Chip bottle neck and Sturgis to go anywhere. If you have ever been to Sturgis for the rally you know that getting thru town is slow and time consuming. AFter a long day ride in the hot sun plan on at least 40min to an hour to get thru town. Da Bus has a special route just for Shade Valley that runs every hour and drops you at the hub across from Full Throttle which for me was a bonus. If your going to town however, plan on over an hour travel. I do recommend Shade Valley, just be aware if you go to the rally for the rides you have to deal with getting through Sturgis to go anywhere.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PaulTeton_Valley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgis
BEST WESTERN Sturgis Inn
Hampton Inn Deadwood at Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort
The Lodge at Deadwood
The Lodge at Deadwood
#5 of 24 in Deadwood
No Name City Luxury Cabins & RV, LLC.

Been to Shade Valley Camp Resort? Share your experiences!